Spider-Man Far From Home SPOILERS (FOR ENDGAME, TOO)

CJR

I didn't like the "dr strange level" fight between Spider-Man and mysterio - a bit over the top for what is supposed to just be projection. It was done as if it were even mind control stuff

I actually have to agree with this. For me, it's a minor thing in an otherwise entertaining and fun movie, but I do agree it was a bit over the top.

After seeing it all, it makes me think that Dr. Strange and Spider-man are bound to have some on screen moments together in the future (EDIT: just to clarify, I mean going forward, they've obviously met already in The Avengers). Makes sense too since they're both in New York most of the time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Saw it a second time. Enjoyed it a bit more. Still think the 1st half is very slow. And doesn't get good until
Mysterio reveals his fake plan

This is a spoiler thread. Besides who didn't know Mysterio wasn't the villain? It's like as if we were getting a new Batman film and all the teasers showed the Joker was a hero. ;)

Darkprime

Yea I keep forgetting this is a spoiler thread lol. Its pretty easy for them to get out of the identity reveal just have Talos pretend to be Peter and do an interview on tv with JJ then have Peter as Spider-Man swing by at the same time as the Skrull Peter is doing the interview.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have to say I really like the two Spider-Man standalone so far...

I wasn’t so sure about 30 minutes into this one when they just jumped into conflict without any backstory...but it worked in the end.

Really do like the humor and the character arcs...a solid new take on spider. The precious ones were awful to be frank.

Hoping for a billion so feige doesn’t lose control 😬

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Saw it, loved it, can’t wait to own it. End credit scenes blew my mind. How does Marvel keep nailing everything?!
You like those credit scenes that much?

One was the textbook Spider-Man stuff...the other was forcefeeding captain marvel and the new “space” theme in...

I get it and all...but not exactly a “twist” in my book

bclane

One was the textbook Spider-Man stuff...the other was forcefeeding captain marvel and the new “space” theme in...

Yeah man! Peter is exposed! JJJ is back! Those were Skrulls the whole time!? Was that SWORD? Was it Alpha Flight? Holy cow!!! :joyfull::geek:o_O

Phicinfan

Question- you did know Feige had already come out and stated that this phase(not using phases now.....) was to be space oriented yes? So yeah, as this was the final bridge to the new phase they needed a space tie in.

Now the endless discussion on whether Nick really died in Civil War and was brought back by the Tahiti process and tie in the TV lines will really escalate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Question- you did know Feige had already come out and stated that this phase(not using phases now.....) was to be space oriented yes? So yeah, as this was the final bridge to the new phase they needed a space tie in.

Now the endless discussion on whether Nick really died in Civil War and was brought back by the Tahiti process and tie in the TV lines will really escalate.
Oh yeah... I had read all that

I really liked the movie...not so much the extra scenes

Except Mendelssohn...who is fantastic as always. It warms my heart to see a guy from the ONE good Disney Star Wars movie get love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom