Spider-Man 2

Disneyfanman

Original Poster
It's a Sony release of a Disney licensed character so I think it fits here. We saw it last night with high hopes, but none of us liked it. My said that she should have left after 20 minutes and gone to see Captain America again. We found an extra scene in the credits,so it seems like Sony is trying to connect their own controlled pieces of the Marvel Universe. Has anyone else seen it?

jonabyte

I'm still not sure why they felt the need to reboot it so soon after the previous one. I enjoyed the previous one just fine.

EricJ

I'm still not sure why they felt the need to reboot it so soon after the previous one. I enjoyed the previous one just fine.

Oh, well, that's because Sony had been pressuring Sam Raimi to do a Spiderman 4, Raimi said he didn't want to do it, and Tobey Macguire and Kirsten Dunst said they wouldn't return without him. Sony told Raimi they could make the movie without him, and Raimi called the studio's bluff.
For the record, the first reboot finally got the comic hero's iconic New York wiseassery correct (which the Raimi movies almost ignored), but that's about it.

StageFrenzy

Oh, well, that's because Sony had been pressuring Sam Raimi to do a Spiderman 4, Raimi said he didn't want to do it, and Tobey Macguire and Kirsten Dunst said they wouldn't return without him. Sony told Raimi they could make the movie without him, and Raimi called the studio's bluff.
For the record, the first reboot finally got the comic hero's iconic New York wiseassery correct (which the Raimi movies almost ignored), but that's about it.

Well that and Sony wanted to keep the rights.

Matt_Black

We found an extra scene in the credits,so it seems like Sony is trying to connect their own controlled pieces of the Marvel Universe. Has anyone else seen it?

Actually, the extra credits scene is from the upcoming X-Men film, which is made by FOX. I don't know what Sony's stake in it (aside from getting money from FOX for the promotion) but FOX would definitely like to use the X-Men and Fantastic Four to build something similar to what Marvel/ Disney has going right now.

EricJ

Actually, the extra credits scene is from the upcoming X-Men film, which is made by FOX. I don't know what Sony's stake in it (aside from getting money from FOX for the promotion) but FOX would definitely like to use the X-Men and Fantastic Four to build something similar to what Marvel/ Disney has going right now.

Sony reportedly kept Marc Webb in the hopes of more Spidey 2.0 franchise, after Webb had been contracted to do a movie for Fox. They settled the deal with a little Fox-promotion quid pro quo--Disney/Marvel was their common enemy, after all.

216bruce

Saw it yesterday (only person in the theater). It was OK, not great at all but entertaining. I love the Andrew Garfield Spidey and his attitude, also thought Emma Stone as Gwen was quite good. I did think the storyline was too 'busy'. I mean, three villains, Oscorp, personal quests, Gwen, her dad, aunt May...yeah, I know that he's got a complicated life and that's the gist of the movie...but it was just a lot to take in. Also, I literally chuckled at Paul Giamatti as Rhino. Just WAY over the top. Overall, the villains were juts pretty shallow, predictable and 'meh'. Winter Soldier was A LOT better IMHO.
As an aside, I'm a huge admirer of Saving Mr. Banks, so every time I saw Paul Giamatti I wondered what the heck Mrs. Travers did to her chauffeur to him off so much. Also, good to see BJ Novack/Bob Sherman in a role; but when I saw him I thought "Hey, it's Bob Sherman, maybe he'll sing...where's his brother?".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom