Spice Road Table what's the story on the wait?

seafoodbuffet

Original Poster
For whatever reason, we completely skipped Morocco last time we went through Epcot and totally missed Tangierine Cafe and Spice Road Table. For next time, what's the expected wait to be seated? What would be a good time to show up? Seems like folks got to sit for Illuminations 20 minutes before the show when they first opened, I can't imagine it'd be that easy now...

hth1917

I don't know about dinner, but I went there for lunch a couple of weeks ago and had the place basically to myself. Food was good but quite expensive.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I walked past it many times through the normal dinner hour and it was basically empty. I would guess around Illuminations it might fill with guests having a drink and sit to watch Illuminations.

I agree with @hth1917 teenie tiny portions with huge price tags. IMO why it is usually empty. Disney is going to have to re-imagineer that place. Guests seem to have limits on how they will be ripped off.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oddly enough WDW Main St sight is posting some photo's now:

Hummas

BxmzG51CIAAyqH5.jpg:large

aladdin2007

Its pretty much empty all day, and like spirit said in his thread the place could go seasonal its that bad. thankfully this has caused any further dining construction additions in WS to be put on hold. I went by at 1230 the other day, and not one person was there.

NiarrNDisney

Its pretty much empty all day, and like spirit said in his thread the place could go seasonal its that bad. thankfully this has caused any further dining construction additions in WS to be put on hold. I went by at 1230 the other day, and not one person was there.

Well this is unfortunate for two reasons - 1. I haven't been yet so I would hate for it to go seasonal since I always seem to go to the World during the wrong time 2. I think everyone would agree with me that Canada could use a CS option that way they can close the Refreshment Port which doesn't fit in well with the surrounding area not to mention the food served is random and could be offered anywhere.
I hope I get to try it soon it looks like a place geared more towards adults which is fine be me!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I like small plates menus. I really do.

The problem with this place is the menu has about 6 items on it. And the small plates are priced more like "large plates."

Last edited:

BrianV

I wanted to go in the evening for dinner and to see fireworks. However, the lack of ADRS means I wasn't willing to risk it. Went to the Mexican restaurant on the water instead. Also not cheap, but fun and tasty and a decent view.

I prefer small plates to meals. Can't wait to try.

CheshireCat12

I enjoyed it, went for lunch not long after they first opened. Have been through there a few times and it is never busy. I think people are afraid of the menu, personally. I really liked the food, but I have to say I agree that it is pricey. Come with the attitude that it is an experience- sitting on the patio on a nice afternoon with a cool drink and some tapas-like dishes to snack on. It is not meant to be a meal.

deanaandrich

image.jpg
image.jpg
We were there on Sunday for the first time. We will definitely go back. It was very quiet and relaxing. The food was excellent. We tried the hummus and the Brie fondue. They were very nice portions for the price. Perfect to share between 2-3 people. The lamb slider was very well seasoned, but expensive for the size. The skewers looked good but we were too full for anymore. There's about 12 food items to choose from. Definitely worth checking out.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 17

dreamfinder

It's tasty good food, but maybe 20% too expensive. You can get 2 tapas servings for the cost of an entree elsewhere, but my DW and I found that you really needed 2 1/2 - 3 to be comparative size wise. They need to be thought of as slightly small appetizers. It's a shame when you compare the amount of food to what you can get across the walkway for the same price. I would suggest dining here with the expectation of treating it like a real tapas location, and not a full meal. Stopping here for a drink, sharing an item or two with someone, and then moving on. I don't think most of WDW eats this way though, and there isn't really any place else in Epcot to pair it up with for another stop.

NiarrNDisney

View attachment 67398 View attachment 67399 We were there on Sunday for the first time. We will definitely go back. It was very quiet and relaxing. The food was excellent. We tried the hummus and the Brie fondue. They were very nice portions for the price. Perfect to share between 2-3 people. The lamb slider was very well seasoned, but expensive for the size. The skewers looked good but we were too full for anymore. There's about 12 food items to choose from. Definitely worth checking out. View attachment 67398

OMG that Brie looks amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom