Spending Money!!

Kennedyrapunzel

Hey!

So I am going to WDW next May and I have the Dining Plan with 1TSM and 1QSM etc a day.

How much spending money do you think I should take? I want to buy the usual disney merch and also going shopping off WDW.
I don't need much (if any) for food

Going do 11 nights :)

Weather_Lady

It all depends on what "usual Disney merch" means to you, and what you're shopping for off-property.

If you want a souvenir T-shirt and some flip-flops, $100 would be adequate. Keep in mind that Disney stuff is EXPENSIVE, though -- the last time I was in a Disney gift shop I wanted to buy a pen for my kids' teachers, and I couldn't find one for less than $16!!! (You might want to check the Disney Store website before you go -- you can buy park merchandise on the site with coupon codes and free shipping, often for less than you'd spend in the park.) If you're buying Pandora jewelry and Dooney & Bourke bags throughout your trip, you could spend thousands.

My family falls into the "low-priced souvenir" category. We pick up a single T-shirt or hat for each person in my family of four - so $100-$120 is all we'll spend in a week's vacation at WDW (other than food).

If you want to calculate your expected gratuities, run your restaurants through distripplanner.com, click on the arrow to expand the dining plan calculations, and see what it's giving you for the tip amount (calculated at 18%, I believe). Or just check menus for the places you're going to visit. For my family of four, a typical Disney restaurant tab averages about $125 -- or $25/day in gratuities.

Other places you might find yourself spending cash at Disney: cabs (if you plan to take any), and baggage handlers ($1-$2/bag for your DME driver, Bell Services, or anybody else who handles your bags).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

If you have a table-service meal and you're planning on tipping them 15/20% I would set aside at least $20 per meal as well depending on your family size for tipping. I'm a family of 4 and was tipping 20$ at buffets.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We do well with budgeting and saving $100 /day. We also have gift cards that weve accumulated that helps increase our gift buying. And a credit card for those unusually high priced / cant do without / must take home splurge on self items.

Upvote 0

thomas998

For Disney merchandise it also depends on where you plan on buying it at. Out last trip we saw shirt in the Disney Outlet in one of the mall that were the same ones being sold in the parks for less than half the price... so if you plan on buying in the parks you'll need more if you buy outside the parks you can cut your budget quite a bit.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom