Spending Money when you have Deluxe Dining Plan

Miles303

Original Poster
Hello!
My husband and I will be staying at All-star movies 10/13/2015 to 10/23/2015. We have already paid for the DDP, so I am wondering how much spending money we will need to bring with us.... so with our tickets, food & room are paid, does anyone have a realistic guesstimate for gratuity, taxes, and souvenirs? We will have alcohol with our dinners. Not in excess, but a glass of wine here and there. Oh, and we really want some shrunken head glasses from Trader Sam's Grotto :hungover: ! I already know I want a Vera Bradley bag (small) and I am obsessed with coffee mugs (we all have our things, right??) but other than that my husband and I aren't big spenders... okay, okay you caught me... throw in a couple of mickey ears, too :happy: I would appreciate hearing from other people's similar experiences and how they fared financially. The only threads I could find did not include dining plans, and were for families with kids. Thank you for the input, in advance!

NonnaT

Just me and DH as well, I tend to have a pretty good idea of exactly what I want from WDW prior to going. (This time I want bead bracelets made from park maps from Uganda - lol). I also use some of my snack credits to bring back coconut Mickeys for my colleagues. I pretty much know almost exactly what my tipping cost is (we too use the DDP), so I plan $50/day above that. I'm not a huge spender, but there's always something I find I just love... If you can figure your tip costs out before you go by checking out the menus, I would allow $50 PP per day over that. I usually don't spend all that, however I already have it budgeted so I'm not in sticker shock when I get home... Hope thus helps.

Socalphili

We went with three people on the DDP last trip and and spent $297 in tips and alcoholic beverages charged to the room. Ate at Signature resturants almost every night except for the two trips to Sanaa. $50 a day seems pretty spot on. Enjoy!

Weather_Lady

If you know where and how much you plan to order at the various restaurants, the calculator at distripplanner.com will tell you the out-of-pocket additional costs and gratuities you can reasonably expect to pay. After that, you'll have to add the cost of alcoholic beverages and souvenirs (I'm sure the prices are available online).

Gemma89

I'm in a similar situation as me and the BF are travelling kid free as we have none and we have the dining plan with a sit down meal and a quick meal a day. We also tend to have a glass of wine in an evening when we dine out.... I'd estimated about $50/60 per day for our drinks and a tip.... Is this about right?

I'm also after a kate spade bag, and a pandora bracelet as they aren't available in the uk! So that's like $300 each lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom