speed?

Seaweed

Original Poster
Okay, I have heard confliscting reports..

How fast *DOES* test track get? The people oustide say 65 but I have heard it is only like 35..

Which is it?

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Seaweed
Okay, I have heard confliscting reports..

How fast *DOES* test track get? The people oustide say 65 but I have heard it is only like 35..

Which is it?

It gets to about 60 or 65 - that's for sure. When you leave the building and it goes around the loop outside, you'll see a sign showing your ACTUAL speed as you wrap around the building.

It is indeed as fast as they say....just ride it. It's not scary at all, just like riding in a convertible!

DarkMeasures

The Test Track vehicles could go easily over 100 mph. Infact, Test Track was originally planned to go that fast but there were several problems.

-E-stops on the high banked turns would be very painful because the track would need to be banked more.
-Some imagineers wanted the ride to go the speed limit.

I find the speed limit one BS. If Test Track went 100mph, then it would be far better than its current state. Especially with my age group.

jrashadb

Wow...

Part of me wishes Test Track went 100 MPH, but man... you think that ride breaks down a lot now? Can you imagine how many problems the ride would have it if went that fast?

:lol:

DigitalDisney

Forget the E-Stops and engineering problems. The real problem with Test Track going 100MPH (this is an ethical issue) is that it will make people want to drive that fast in their own cars. Just about every guy that has a pair likes to drive fast, and if a ride like Test Track went 100MPH, that may be enough to push the person over the edge. You can't deny that...

Since Test Track's foundation is the testing of real production automobiles, it needs to follow real driving standards and not racing standards.

jrashadb

DigitalDisney said:
Forget the E-Stops and engineering problems. The real problem with Test Track going 100MPH (this is an ethical issue) is that it will make people want to drive that fast in their own cars. Just about every guy that has a pair likes to drive fast, and if a ride like Test Track went 100MPH, that may be enough to push the person over the edge. You can't deny that...

Since Test Track's foundation is the testing of real production automobiles, it needs to follow real driving standards and not racing standards.

Hmm... Yeah, I go faster on the Turnpike on the way to Disney World than the cars on Test Track do, but I suppose it makes snese that they didn't want to cars to go over the speed limit. Meanwhile, now I know why the cars go 64.9.
It all makes sense now...

Pigtails

Hmm, I'm not sure about this, but I seem to remember riding TT a few years ago, and it having technical problems all the way through, anyway, when we got to the outside loop, we were still going pretty slow... much slower than normal. The sign that gives your speed still read 64.9 or whatever it says. So while I know that the cars are actually going around 65, I don't think the sign is actually reading every cars' speed. But, I could be wrong, as that happened a few years ago, and don't remember it clearly.

jrashadb

You know, it just occurred to me...

The speed limit on the Turnpike is 70, So, the speed limit thing may not hold any water. So, why do the cars only go 64.9 MPH. The post above this one calls into question whether the cars actually go 64.9 MPH.

Interesting...

SpongeScott

jrashadb said:
You know, it just occurred to me...

The speed limit on the Turnpike is 70, So, the speed limit thing may not hold any water. So, why do the cars only go 64.9 MPH. The post above this one calls into question whether the cars actually go 64.9 MPH.

Interesting...
If the GM/speed limit thing is correct, 65 mph would still be right because when the ride opened, I believe the max on the open road was still 65. It didn't raise to 70 until afterwards. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Tara Mae

I have read somewhere that it goes up to 65 MPH, and when I rode it, I didn't notice the speedometer until the third time. lol, I believe I was screaming my head off! But the third time I caught it and it said 64.5 when we passed through. I don't know...it didn't feel like it was going 65, but maybe it was just my nerves telling me lies. ;)

RnRJoe6114

Guys I was just joking about the 64.9. Even though they are set to go 65 but every time the cars go a different speed. Like my first time I went it went 66 and other times it goes 62 to anywhere around 67. All my expieriences have been between those speeds.

AndyP

I think the speeds they tell you in the building are false, outside, i think it shows you 64.9 or whatever, it probably isn't, but it will be very close. And for someone who has been on the steepest part of the turn stopped on that ride when it broke down, I'm telling you, it doesn't need to be any steeper!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom