Spectromagic and Wishes

Laura

Are these worth watching? I usually skip the parades and fireworks and take advantage of the shorter lines. But seeing as our Magic Kingdom day is an e-ride night we'll have short lines all night long.

Are these shows worth watching? Where is a good spot to watch from that wouldn't require getting there an hour early?

figmentfan

Yes, these shows are great to watch if you have not seen them yet. To watch the Spectromagic Parade, I suggest to watch it in Frontierland. It is less crowded over there, and when the parade is over, you can jump onto Thunder MT. or Splash MT. with hardly no wait.

I suggest watching Wishes too. But, since some of the show takes place in front of the castle, you might want to watch the fireworks on Main Street, or over on the Tomorrowland Bridge leading to the entrance of Tomorrowland.

Have Fun!

Upvote 0

imamouse

I agree with figmentfan - these are defiantly worth watching and the locations given are great.

I don't know what the parade time will be when you are there, but we combined dinner with Spectromagic by eating at Tony's Town Square and requesting a table on the porch. The CMs actively prevent anyone from standing on the porch during the parade, so we had front row seats to watch this delightful presentation while enjoying our desert at the same time. :slurp:

Wishes is worth getting a good spot for. The first time I saw it, I didn't realize that there was much difference in viewing locations, but you definitely want to be in front of the castle, or on the bridge to TL (a little harder to snag if crowded). Good luck and enjoy!

Upvote 0

Laura

Original Poster
Does Tony's Town Square have dessert? I'd like to eat a snack during the parade since we'll have a long night ahead of us (the parade is at 9, Wishes is at 10, then starts e-ride night). It would be great to sit and eat dessert on the porch while watching the parade!

When you did this, were there a lot of people trying to do the same thing? How long before the parade did you show up at Tony's to be able to get a good seat?

Upvote 0

imamouse

We did this on Thanksgiving Day, 2003. I was having a hard time finding a MK resturant for Thanksgiving dinner, and Tony's was the only location I could book (in early August!) that had a reasonable priority seating time (7:20 PM).

We had just gotten off of Splash Mtn and were little wet, so I asked for an outside table (no A/C), which would be warmer. I admit I was hoping to get a table by the rail to see Spectromagic. That fact that this worked out was luck!

Since we were there for Thanksgiving, we had a 'complete' dinner package. However, Tony's is a full service restaurant, so I am sure they offer desert. It is themed after Lady and the Tramp so they probably have tiramisu or gelato on the desert menu.

Check All Ears for complete menus: http://allearsnet.com/

Upvote 0

humphrybear

Definatley the best place to see the parade is right outside the Hall of Presidents. It's less crowded than on Main Street and once the parade is over Main Street is so crowded.

I would agree also the best place to watch the fireworks is from the Tomorrow Land Bridge. There are not so many trees in the way and not as many people walking thru after the show.

Upvote 0

speck76

Both Spectro and Wishes are great!

For wishes, do not sit right in front of the castle, as you will miss a lot of the fireworks. My favorite seat is sitting on either side of the hub area. The better sire to sit on is the Adventureland side, simply because after Spectro, the Tomorrowland side tends to end up in gridlock with ppl trying to get back up Main St to see the fireworks, and others trying to leave the park.

If Spectro is running 2 times that night, see the 11pm show (the first will be at 9pm, and is much busier) In this format, Wishes will be at 10pm.

Upvote 0

speck76

From behind FL and from the roofs of the buildings on boths sides of the castle.

If you sit right up front, you will not see all of the fireworks that are launched from behind FL.

The new Wishes show is amazing!

Upvote 0

phlydude

Spectromagic is AWESOME. There is nothing like it. And that song is too catchy (I don't know what is worse, IASW or Spectro).

I haven't seen Wishes yet but I "found" the CD on IRC. The music and story just from the music make me want to be there sooooooooo bad. Just 77 days 13 hours 46 minutes ad 30 seconds!! (From 5/21/04 @ 4:43:30 PM) til I leave for WDW!!!

Upvote 0

speck76

Originally posted by phlydude
Just 77 days 13 hours 46 minutes ad 30 seconds!! (From 5/21/04 @ 4:43:30 PM) til I leave for WDW!!!

But who is counting:D

The music from Spectro is great, and the visual effects that go with the music when you are Main St are great too.

Wishes is the best use of fireworks/music I have seen yet, even better than illuminations.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Com'on LAURA! Everybody else is doing it! :lol:

If the peer pressure doesn't work, trust us - you really HAVE to see each at least once! We think you'll like them!

Imagine if it turns out to be your favorite night time activity at WDW and you've been missing it all this time!?!?!? WISHES has become many people's new nighttime favorite! It's AMAZING!

You owe it to yourself!

Besides, if you don't do it, we're all gonna talk about you when you're not looking! :p

HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0

speck76

I have never heard a firework show at WDW get so many oohs & ahhs.

Also, the show is set up in little segments, and each segment always gets major applause...the show is that good.

Upvote 0

phlydude

Originally posted by MKBurn15
Is at the top of the MK train station a good place to watch it? I want to videotape it for my school documentary.

Probably the best place to video it it on the bridge Tomorrowland.

There arent any trees to get in the way plus no one can get in front of you because you'll be against the railing. Plus as an added bonus, if your in the right spot, Tink will fly right over your head!:wave:

Upvote 0

MKBurn15

Originally posted by phlydude
Probably the best place to video it it on the bridge Tomorrowland.

There arent any trees to get in the way plus no one can get in front of you because you'll be against the railing. Plus as an added bonus, if your in the right spot, Tink will fly right over your head!:wave:
Thanks for the great tip!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom