Spectator Transportation Options Walt Disney World Marathon?

DrewmanS

Original Poster
I am running the WDW Marathon for the first time in 2016. My family would like to watch me run through MK. I see where there are instructions about bus transportation to EPCOT and Monorail service between EPCOT and MK. Is there any direct bus transportation between the resorts and MK for spectators?

I don't think they want to be on a bus at 4:30am to ride to EPCOT to hop on a Monorail to the MK TTC to then transfer to a MK Monorail, then stand on MS USA until 7am to watch me run by for 10 seconds. Then reverse the process to get back to our resort. Any other options for them?

dreamfinder

Outside of normal buses to theme parks, there will be runDisney buses from the host resorts that go to the start/finish area. They usually stop for a while around the actual start time, but do resume. Getting yourself to the MK area will be really tough. Large stretches of the roads in/out of there will be closed, or single lanes, so they divert as much traffic as possible.

As @Mad Stitch said, if they watch at TTC they can then head over to the Poly/Shades of Green area and see you run by again. So see you start (kinda just say hey, they are somewhere in that crowd), hustle to the monorail to TTC, cheer as you go by TTC, walk to Poly/Shades of Green, cheer as you go by there, walk back to TTC and take monorail back to Epcot to wait a few hours to cheer as you finish. Not many options other than the areas they officially list.

lukacseven

Also...wait to see when the course map and official race programs are posted. There are a lot of factors that can influence your plans - course layout, corral placement, pace of runner(s).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom