Speck's trip to Epcot/MK 5/15

Hey all!

A short trip report for my short trip today.

I brought my camera, and the pictures can be viewed by clicking on the WWW link at the bottom of my post.

Ok, The plan was to get to Epcot by 3pm, so I left at about quarter to 3. Traffic on I-4 was backed up, and I did not get to Epcot until 3:30...no problem. The weather was mid-to-upper 80's and muggy.

The park was very busy today...I parked in Create 52 which is almost the back row of the lot. I had not seen Epcot this busy in quite some time.

So, got in and headed over to The Land to get some pics. The Land was packed, about a 45 minute wait for "Living with The Land" and the food court was packed. I was only in The Land for 5 minutes, but when I left, it was raining...but not hard.

---ppl get so stupid when it rains....IT'S WATER!

Ok, from The Land, I walked back to France to catch the movie, stopping in the UK for a Stongbow:D

Impressions de France was great, and about 3/4 full. I walked back to Future World to ride Test Track, but it was not operating, so I walked through Mouse Gear, and the hopped on the Monorail to the MK.

--I noticed a construction wall to the right of the Mission Space exit. I don't know what this is for.

MK was also busy, but I think it may have been busier last Saturday.

I got in and headed to Space Mountain for a FP. The stand-by line said 45 minutes, but they were not allowing ppl to enter the line. MY FP was for 8:45-9:45.

I hopped onto the TTA (which actually had about a 5 minute wait) and took some pictures. This is where everything went wrong. I noticed my camera battery indicator was red and blinking (never a good sign) and when the TTA entered Space Mountain, all of the lights were on. I tried to take some pics, but none came out well. I posted the best pic in my gallery, but it is not great.

---side note. The Space Mountain manager lady (I don't know here name, but she always wears a skirt and she has glasses) is pretty cute:D

After the TTA, I took the path to MTF and noticed that the MTF train station is under reconstruction.

MTF was packed, so I made a beeline through Fantasyland (very packed as always...nothing with less than a 1 hour wait) and rode the riverboat, which I had never done before.

After that I went to Adventureland and grabbed a pineapple float at the Dole Whip stand (YUM!) and then rode the Jungle Cruise (the mosquitos were very bad)

After that, it was about 8pm, I went over to Cosmic's Rays and had a Meteor Meal and a large Coke. After that, I went back on TTA to see if Space MT was back up, which it was (I also had 10 minutes to kill before my FP was valid)

Space Mt was running great....a bunch of little kids in the front car were screaming, which I always find very funny:lol:

After that, I headed over to the hub area to watch the fireworks. Spectromagic was just getting over, and the hub area was gridlock with ppl both trying to leave, and those trying to get a good spot for the fireworks.

I love the new Wishes Show. Unfortunately, everybody was sitting on the ground for the show, except for a very large lady right in front of me (if you are going to stand, stand with you back against a barrier of some sort, not in the middle of the midway.)

Anyway, it was a great trip. By the time I got back to the Epcot parking lot, the trams were no longer running, so I had a very long walk to my car.

cherrynegra

The weather was mid-to-upper 80's and muggy.

Ick!! Nothing like walking out of the house fresh only to be drenched with muggy weather.

---side note. The Space Mountain manager lady (I don't know here name, but she always wears a skirt and she has glasses) is pretty cute:D

Speck and the Space Mountain manager lady sitting in a tree...:lol: Um, no pic posted of her I see.

Thanks for the trip report speck. I've said it before, but it must be nice to get away to the parks for the day. So, how's the air conditioner doing?:lol:

speck76

Original Poster
The A/C sucks, and my thermostat is still messed up. The office is closed today, and they stopped by yesterday and left me a "Sorry we missed you" note, even though I told them I locked the dog in the bedroom, so just come in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom