Speaking of Narnia

careship

Original Poster
Did anyone else read that they offered Nicole Kidman 60 million to use her voice for the White Witch? This has got to be untrue. If it is true, then there is a huge problem. This goes with what we ahve been talking about all along...there is no reason to pay that type of money for a voice...I'll do it for free. They have there heads screwed on backwards if they really did this. Not to mention that is what is contributing to their failures...paying way too much for way too little. I am disgusted if this is true...anyone know anything????

cherrynegra

Did a little surfing and it appears the story you read is not true. Her publicist and a spokesperson from the film have said she has no role whatsoever with the films. And the $60 million tale is simply that. A tale. Below is text I read at one site.

We've received word from Ernie Malik, the publicist for the film, and he assures us that any reports of Nicole Kidman being involved in the film are simply old rumors and that she will never be involved with the production.

And the link.

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?dl=641100&id=60

careship

Original Poster

careship

Original Poster
I saw that on the Hollywood Stock Exchange too, but it didn't say what her role was...thanks a million for the help. I just hope she didn't get a huge payday.

wdwmaniac

Narnia to have largest marketing campaign ever; Gregson-Williams to provide movie's theme
As Disney is spending more on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe than they have probably ever spent on a movie before, the film's marketing campaign, while still in the planning stages, is also positioned to be possibly the largest marketing campaign ever, according to Walt Disney Studios' ________ Cook, IGN FilmForce reports. "Narnia offers a rich world for merchandising," adds Andy Mooney, head of Disney's worldwide merchandising division. "In Lord of the Rings, we designed 10 different races of characters. Here in Narnia, we have more than 60 different races, 60 different cultures, and 60 different species of creatures."

Also of interest is that Harry Gregson-Williams (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas and the Shrek films) will be scoring The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, as the composer states in an interview with Soundtrack.net. Though most of Gregson-Williams' duties will not be carried out until principal photography ends this fall, he has already been working with some in-movie pieces, particularly Tumnus the fawn's flute song.

MagicalMonorail

Call me crazy and stupid, because I have no idea what all of you are talking about. What in the world is Narnia? I have never heard of it before. All I know is that Disney is making a movie about it. Can someone please shed some light?

careship

Original Poster
Narnia is a series of books called The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. They include the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe....Prince Caspian...those are the two most commonly heard of.

CS Lewis is probabaly best known for these but he also wrote many other books including Christian APologetics. He was a great author born in Belfast I believe y'all can look it up for sure.

Here is a site you can learn more about Narnia....

http://www.narnia.com/

These books are along the lines of LotR. It is very much a fantasy in a fantasy world the Lewis made up. Throughout the series there are probably, don't qoute me on this, I believe about 60 lands with as many unique characters.

Here is another site that may help explain the lands of narnia...

http://www.scriptorum.org/l/narnia.html

This story is just the beginning and I am not sure how they are making the movies, as in all 7 of them or if they are combining a couple per movie. I know the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is a stand alone, because that is the book that actually opens the doors to Narnia. Even though one of the books, of which I can't remember which one right now, is actually the first written later.

Hope this helps.

wdwmaniac

So far three are in the works, I heard. Disney is spending 175 Million on each movie (splitting cost with Walden Media) They hope this to be the next LotR. Which they way they are playing it up it just might be.

ToTBellHop

If the first movie does well, they will film the next two sequels at the same time. The 2nd movie is based on book 4, The Prince Caspian.

Goofster

With the way Disney movies are performing lately, we just might have Pirates and Narnia sequels until the end of time, because that's really all that's looking good about the future.......until traditional animation returns.

wdwmaniac

Well Narnia has seven books, no shortage of movies there. Next Year Disney has Chicken Little and the Wild (Both CGI) and they both look very good. So I wouldn't give up on Disney yet they just had a bad year coming off the best year ever.

careship

Original Poster
I didn't think they were doing all 7 Narnia books. I thought there would just be 3. Not that I can see how they could get the entire story out in 3 though. I guess we will have to wait for the first one to be finished to see what they will do. The only thing is, if they mess up on this first one, they will ruin any plans for any sequels. (At least any plans to do any good with the sequels.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom