Sparkling Dessert Party

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
First of all, let it be known that Pineappleprincess is pretty easy to please. It may be all the champagne talking, but I've just returned from the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party & I thought it was amazing! The view for Illuminations was IMHO top notch...and Cronuts flambeed (sp?) in Khalua and Meyers dark rum....yum! They served the Cronuts with your choice of vanilla or coffee ice cream. I chose coffee, but DH & DD chose vanilla. Anyway, if it does not cause financial stress to your family, I highly recommend it! It's a far superior view than that of the Wishes Dessert Party.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
First of all, let it be known that Pineappleprincess is pretty easy to please. It may be all the champagne talking, but I've just returned from the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party & I thought it was amazing! The view for Illuminations was IMHO top notch...and Cronuts flambeed (sp?) in Khalua and Meyers dark rum....yum! They served the Cronuts with your choice of vanilla or coffee ice cream. I chose coffee, but DH & DD chose vanilla. Anyway, if it does not cause financial stress to your family, I highly recommend it! It's a far superior view than that of the Wishes Dessert Party.

Thanks for the review! I may not get to do this because my DH is not a sweets-eater, but it's nice to know what's served.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Sounds like you had fun. Glad you enjoyed it.
Price - ?

seahawk7

:hungover: You tomorrow? :D

4401DisneyMom

I was very much on the fence when I booked this event but, given the benefit of the reserved viewing for Illuminations, thought we'd give it a try. My best advice for anyone considering it ... SAVE YOUR MONEY! Personally, I was very disappointed in this event. While some of the selections were tasty and the sparkling wine was nice, it did not warrant the cost. The food selection is really quite limited -- it just looked really sparse and measly. Additionally, it really ended up being more of an issue than I expected having no seating. Yes, I knew this going into the event, but having to get there early, and then stand around for over an hour while you tried to enjoy the desserts and beverages – it just would have been nice to sit down and, personally, I think they could manage it given the space. Yes, it was a good vantage point to view Illuminations, but as many have already reported, I could have found just a good viewing spot, grabbed some treats on my own and saved a good amount of money. Would not recommend and would never do again.

bee

Price - ?
$49/adult (10+) and $29/child (3-9). My GF did this in May and loved it. We would definitely do it again. If you like sparkling wine and can see yourself drinking 5+ glasses per person it's worth it (a glass of one of the same wines in WS would be $11). The dessert was almost like an afterthought for us even though we liked almost everything we tried. Kinda sucky that it costs $49 for those between 10 and 20 as they can't drink though.

coachwnh

We have done this twice. The first time just my wife and I in May. We loved it. When we went back a few weeks ago, we went again with our kids (11 and 9). During our summer trip, the party was moved inside due to the threat of rain. Still enjoyed ourselves the second time. I thought there were plenty of choices (and Im not a big dessert guy, but I do love ice cream and donuts). The only thing that is kind of a bummer is paying the same price for my 11 year old son as I pay for my wife and I. But I would definitely do it again given the chance!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom