Spacey aftermath. Will they change Hopper's voice in ITTBAB?

Captain Obvious

Original Poster
For those who have not heard yet, actor Kevin Spacey is in some really hot water. This is not your typical drunken arrest, domestic squabble, or sneaky affair. He has done some TERRIBLY sick things it turns out. Since this is a family site, I will leave it there and the rest you can search on Google. The question though is will his voice be dubbed over as Hopper inside the It's Tough To be A Bug attraction at DAK? If that is even Spacey we are hearing. It may already be a soundalike actor, and in that case, nothing needs to be done. Or is this all something so minor in detail that nobody would care or notice. They have kept Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong in Epcot's American Adventure finale, but the mud those two celebrities got in is a G-rated children's morning show compared to what is unfolding with Spacey. I can't imagine The Mouse wanting any kind of reminder that he was a big part of A Bug's Life.

Schneewittchen

Regardless, 'member how Michael Jackson was accused of some equally disturbing things? That didn't stop Disney from resurrecting Captain EO after he died. On the other hand, our society could be turning into some hyper reactionary, trial by media, due process is for suckers social media black hole. So perhaps, when A Bug's Life gets re-mastered and re-released, Dame Judi will be dubbed over the Hopper bits...

Last edited:

copcarguyp71

It was pretty much a non-credited voice role that only disneyphiles really know of the voice actor. Considering they try to save money turning down air conditioning and shutting off fountains I doubt they will worry too much about paying another voice actor to change this. Just my opinion though...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I thought Hopper was a bad guy...? He certainly harasses those ants to get them to give up the free food.

danyoung56

Regardless, 'member how Michael Jackson was accused of some equally disturbing things? That didn't stop Disney from resurrecting Captain EO after he died.

I think that timing is pretty important. There was no way Disney would have brought EO back close to the trial. But time had passed, MJ had major dates on the horizon, and he wasn't so closely associated with the actions that brought on the trial.

Cmdr_Crimson

Regardless, 'member how Michael Jackson was accused of some equally disturbing things? That didn't stop Disney from resurrecting Captain EO after he died. On the other hand, our society could be turning into some hyper reactionary, trial by media, due process is for suckers social media black hole. So perhaps, when A Bug's Life gets re-mastered and re-released, Dame Judi will be dubbed over the Hopper bits...

There's also that really bizarre Michael Jackson Halloween special that just came out of left field..:confused:

danyoung56

I made it through about 10 minutes of that special, and had to turn the channel. It had nothing to do with Michael - the show was just AWFUL!

JIMINYCR

I think that timing is pretty important. There was no way Disney would have brought EO back close to the trial. But time had passed, MJ had major dates on the horizon, and he wasn't so closely associated with the actions that brought on the trial.

Timing is everything. With the Cosby accusations coming first and now the Weinstein accusations coming hard and fast, the momentum and fury from well known, vocal, prominent people has built up where others are being emboldened to speak out. MJ's accusations although they were taken seriously, there wasnt as much media furor and mass hatred piled on so quickly.

FettFan

It’s not Spacey, Hopper is voiced by Andrew Stanton in the attraction so no need to change anything. Even if it was, I highly doubt they would do anything anyway.

Bingo. Andrew Stanton pops up in the Pixar attractions all the time.
- The Seagulls outside The Living Seas
- Crush in the Finding Nemo Clambuggy ride
- Emperor Zurg in Space Ranger Spin

FettFan

Regardless, 'member how Michael Jackson was accused of some equally disturbing things? That didn't stop Disney from resurrecting Captain EO after he died.

Bit of a difference as Michael Jackson went through two separate criminal trials and was found not guilty both times.

Pixieish

Bit of a difference as Michael Jackson went through two separate criminal trials and was found not guilty both times.

I don't buy that at all. People were losing their minds because his accusers were children. The cases in the media now all have adult accusers. Cosby drugged women, Weinstein is just a womanizing sleazebag who used their careers as leverage for sexual favors. Captain EO was resurrected is because the social climate was different in 2009 than it is now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's the statute of limitations for people who behave inhumanely for scrubbing their existence from any medium?

Should Pocahontas be placed in the same double-probation vault as Song of the South for Mel Gibson's role?

Pixieish

What's the statute of limitations for people who behave inhumanely for scrubbing their existence from any medium?

Should Pocahontas be placed in the same double-probation vault as Song of the South for Mel Gibson's role?

I really hate the fact that so many people are heck bent on hiding history.

EDIT: I really wanted to type the correct word...but I know it would have been censored.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom