Spaceship Earth's future witht he rumored changes coming.

montyz81

Original Poster
I had heard a few months ago and saw when I was there last year that SSE was suffering some failures with the "YourFuture" screens. The picture at the front was not making it to the end of the ride nor was it making it to Project Tomorrow. Have these effects been fixed? It has been 10 years since the refurb. I'm curious if another is planned? I am also curious how the Siemens sponsorship is going. Will they pull out early with all the rumored changes coming to Future World? Will they update the ride before their contract is out? Just curious if anyone knows. I was just watching Martin's tribute video and realized how old even that tribute video now is. it seemed like last year since they did this refurb.

Captain Barbossa

I had heard a few months ago and saw when I was there last year that SSE was suffering some failures with the "YourFuture" screens. The picture at the front was not making it to the end of the ride nor was it making it to Project Tomorrow. Have these effects been fixed? It has been 10 years since the refurb. I'm curious if another is planned? I am also curious how the Siemens sponsorship is going. Will they pull out early with all the rumored changes coming to Future World? Will they update the ride before their contract is out? Just curious if anyone knows. I was just watching Martin's tribute video and realized how old even that tribute video now is. it seemed like last year since they did this refurb.
I was there end of May-beginning of June 2016 and the problems with the your future thing that you mentioned were occurring. Also out first day at EPCOT, the first time we road Spaceship Earth, the audio was playing but all the AAs were completely down

Captain Barbossa

And from what I heard from other people, they stayed down the entire day.

Cmdr_Crimson

If they are going to bring back an old narrator, which I doubt, let it be Walter Cronkite!, with Tomorrow's Child!

It wouldn't exactly make sense after the golden age where we get to the 1980's & Garage....Best way to try this out...Get MP3's of all the past versions and start it right after you enter the incline of the ride..You may have to adjust it right to get it to sync where you are on the ride tho..

graphite1326

We were there in Oct. You didn't get your picture taken at the beginning of the ride so there was nothing on the globe when we got off.

hpyhnt 1000

The picture for the video finale was working fine on 28 December 2016. Pics were also showing up in the post-show.

OT - overall the ride was in decent shape. All AAs were fine, Phoenician boats were rocking, Rome was smelling burnt. Biggest thing was the steam press needed attention (no steam and the big wheel wasn't turning).

the.dreamfinder

It wouldn't exactly make sense after the golden age where we get to the 1980's & Garage....Best way to try this out...Get MP3's of all the past versions and start it right after you enter the incline of the ride..You may have to adjust it right to get it to sync where you are on the ride tho..
Bringing the Irons narration back with some newly recorded lines could work. The condescension in the current Judi Dench track is awful.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The condescension in the current Judi Dench track is awful.

Remember how easy to learn my ABCs? You mean, Dame Judy, how from three years old to third grade how I was drilled with rote memorization how to organize, recognize, and write four orthographic versions: small, caps, cursive small, and cursive caps? And learn how that, not only do different cultures pronounce the same symbol in different ways, but also how in my own native language there are freakin' six different ways to pronounce 'ough' which means that this "Phoenician" invention isn't really that "phonetic" after all. Oh, yeah, real "easy" your ladyship, it's frellin' "brilliant."

montyz81

Original Poster
Apparently the issue has been fixed. And Siemens are apparently renewing.

And there's a far far far better HD tribute coming soon too :D
Thank god. It is amazing how spoiled we get with the newer HD technology :). Some of your old videos are hard to follow on an iPad while running on a treadmill. Especially the ones that are darker. Regardless, they help me run 4.5 miles every day!! Thank you!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thank god. It is amazing how spoiled we get with the newer HD technology :). Some of your old videos are hard to follow on an iPad while running on a treadmill. Especially the ones that are darker. Regardless, they help me run 4.5 miles every day!! Thank you!
Oh I think you'll be happy with this one. The low light footage I've got from a 5Dmkiii is superb.

montyz81

Original Poster
Oh I think you'll be happy with this one. The low light footage I've got from a 5Dmkiii is superb.
Great, cause I am running out of material to watch since I have been watching them all. I even watched some EuroDisneyland stuff (sorry, that is what it was called when I went there).

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Rode SSE on Saturday night and there were slight issues with the pictures. Not a big deal though. A few areas need some work especially in your descension back to Earth part (those black curtains aren't cutting it anymore).

Personally for me, if you're getting rid of Judi Dench, I'd be all in on Neil DeGrasse Tyson narrating SSE. After binge watching The Cosmos, I feel he would do an outstanding job. In the mean time, I'll pass the time with old YouTube videos of SSE in it's heyday :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom