Spaceship Earth Rumors

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
I went on Spaceship Earth today and noticed they are continuing the soft update of the ride. They had grey covers ontop of some of the seats inorder to repair speaker malfunctions. A CM anticipates (from what he has heard, so take it with a grain of salt) that Spaceship Earth will have a continued rehab until around October when Spaceship Earth will be receiving some changes in the actual ride to showcase more communication technology and the post show will be done within the year. He said this will all be complete by November/December. It is purely a rumor, but sounds about right.

CaptainMichael

WeLComeHomE OKW said:
I went on Spaceship Earth today and noticed they are continuing the soft update of the ride. They had grey covers ontop of some of the seats inorder to repair speaker malfunctions. A CM anticipates (from what he has heard, so take it with a grain of salt) that Spaceship Earth will have a continued rehab until around October when Spaceship Earth will be receiving some changes in the actual ride to showcase more communication technology and the post show will be done within the year. He said this will all be complete by November/December. It is purely a rumor, but sounds about right.
You're right, it makes total sense. Thanks for the heads up!

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Oh yeah:hammer: I forgot that we are supposed to ignore that they produce quality films and are a part of Disney animation...

Too bad Disney isnt connected with Dreamworks, then they couldve just replaced SpaceShip Earth with a big hedge and everyone would have had to climb over it. It would have been a blast.

Connor002

Pongo said:
I was hoping for Finding Nemo.

:(
Maybe we could make SSE transparent, fill it with water, and create massive Nemo, Dory, Marlin, Bruce, Mr. Ray animatronics.

Nigel can perch on the wand.

Pongo

Connor002 said:
Maybe we could make SSE transparent, fill it with water, and create massive Nemo, Dory, Marlin, Bruce, Mr. Ray animatronics.

Nigel can perch on the want.

Awesome. But then it's not much of a ride anymore.

I suppose they could hold DiveQuest there instead of the living seas. Swimming with live sharks isn't too safe anyway.

Pongo

STR8FAN2005 said:
Okay, so back to the main topic.

I guess there will be additions of the cell phone, internet, wireless devices, etc.

Yeah, those few scenes at the very end with the Webcams are pretty... well... dated. I mean, webcams?

I want to know what the postshow is going to showcase.

nelsonj3

STR8FAN2005 said:
Okay, so back to the main topic.

I guess there will be additions of the cell phone, internet, wireless devices, etc.

That would be my guess. Although I'm not sure what they'll be taking out to make room for the changes. The bedroom videoconferencing scene while almost 12 years old ('94 rehab) is still fairly current. I don't know too many people who video conference with people in different countries using a voice translator to communicate in a different language.

I do hope they finally do something with the post-show.

CaptainMichael

nelsonj3 said:
That would be my guess. Although I'm not sure what they'll be taking out to make room for the changes. The bedroom videoconferencing scene while almost 12 years old ('94 rehab) is still fairly current. I don't know too many people who video conference with people in different countries using a voice translator to communicate in a different language.
It could defintely be updated to be more realistic. Use some plasma screens...have the kids playing an XBOX 360 on XBOX Live..A few minor things could be done to modernize this attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom