Spaceship Earth descent

NearTheEars

Original Poster
Hello all, just back from spending the day at Epcot for the F&W Festival (it was fantastic).

Anyway, I've seen people talk about the descent on SSE and that "they need to get rid of all the garbage" and "it needs to be fixed."

Now after hearing this, I really tried to keep my eyes peeled today when riding and ... Didn't see anything but darkness and stars.

Am I missing something? Did the descent use to be different?

Maybe I took "garbage" too litteraly and they didn't actually mean trash.

Goofyernmost

To be honest... in my opinion... although the descent is very different from what it was, doesn't mean it is better or worse. I always, in all incarnations, thought that the descent was a crashing bore. It always seemed disjointed and really not defined well enough to catch one's spirit. Now the descent that people are basically talking about is the interactive screen on the ride car. I don't think it's bad at all. In fact, it's kinda fun and takes your mind off the fact that you are laying on your back with your feet up and nothing is going to happen that might make that worthwhile. :p Anyway, that's what the fuss is about. I think it's cool how your picture shows up in the scene and even when you exit, there you are in huge proportions, on the display screen. It's fun and different and, as I said, to me, as good if not better then the original little blocks of show sets.

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Todays world is more advanced then the stuff they used to show but they're was some nice scenery at the ending. It's no cutback like and it's no scale down despite the removal of the original scenery, if anything the ride is more advanced then it ever was. Personally I would like to see them have an updated tomorrows child ending and maybe a narration like Horizons used to have. Its different but we cant say they cut it short. Technically it's a huge improvement and upgrade whether we like it or not.

George Lucas on a Bench

The garbage was above the ride track the last time I rode. You could plainly see it if you looked up, what appeared to be fast food waste dumped into grates (?) and cobweb-like substance hanging down.

NearTheEars

Original Poster
Just YouTube the Jeremy Irons descent. So inspirational it brought tears to ones eyes.

OK, will do. Thanks for the answers everyone.

The ride seemed great today... Burning smell in Rome and the wheel was spinning great today too. Yeah, the paper boy looking away is a little weird, but I'd have to agree about it being more weird trying to sell into the press room. But then again, why even have an animatronic you can't really see.

James122

While I do miss the Jeremy Irons narration, I kinda like the interactive screens. My eight year old niece had a blast with it the last time we rode it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom