Spaceship Earth closed August 18th-24th for refurbishment.

lnsemsf

Original Poster
No details as to what will be done, but it doesn't seem long enough for anything "major." Hopefully it will get all spruced up and any broken or spotty effects can be fixed.

t3techcom18

I don't know what the specifics are per se, but there is reason to believe that this is the oft-mentioned mini-rehab for some much-needed track pieces, a rehab that has been continuously been pushed back for 2 years now.

Or, from what I've been hearing, WDI have been putting up some things when it comes to NextGen during 3rd shift. This is most likely the time they're going to refine some of the elements for final placement during that time but that is the most possible scenario.

By the way - I'm surprised no one has mentioned some NextGen additions that have been coming to other buildings through 3rd shift, notably with one of the next door attractions.

gbruenin

Between the Aug week and the Sept periods it looks like 17 days total. Maybe they have Ty Pennington's 'Extreme Makeover' team working round the clock in those periods. He managed to demo and build entire houses in one week, so with that much time......

Prock3

I don't know what the specifics are per se, but there is reason to believe that this is the oft-mentioned mini-rehab for some much-needed track pieces, a rehab that has been continuously been pushed back for 2 years now.

Or, from what I've been hearing, WDI have been putting up some things when it comes to NextGen during 3rd shift. This is most likely the time they're going to refine some of the elements for final placement during that time but that is the most possible scenario.

By the way - I'm surprised no one has mentioned some NextGen additions that have been coming to other buildings through 3rd shift, notably with one of the next door attractions.
Care to share those additions?

aladdin2007

Would that have anything to do with the descent or not really

Goofyernmost

Hopefully they can bring back the smell of Rome burning, when we were there in January it wasnt working at all. Also replace the projector for the mammoth scene in the beginning as it is so dark you can't see it.
That is probably gone forever. It, in all likelihood, triggered some allergic reaction in someone so to be safe they just turn it off. I only hope for the sake of Soarin, that no one has a orange smell allergy.:eek: I'll bet that's why they say there will be no more Cinnamon Buns at the Bakery on Main Street...Cinnamon odor allergy.:D

I often wonder why people didn't have all these allergy back in the 50's. Less to smell? Maybe we didn't inhale as often. Don't know.o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom