Spaceship Earth 86’ Earth Station Video

SonnyEcipse

Original Poster
So, I was watching @marni1971’s AMAZING tribute video on the history of Spaceship Earth from opening to 86’

for the first time recently and I noticed something that immediately caught my eye.

Starting at about 55:32, there is a video that can be seen (presented in what can only remind me of something out of the old CircleVision days) that shows all of the EPCOT attractions in an adorable way with original 2D animated scenes representing certain characters and scenes from the respective attractions.

I’d LOVE to know what artists worked on the video and if there’s any better quality versions of the video out there because...it seriously brought a smile to my face when I first saw it.

Obviously, I know it’s from the late 80’s so the chances of a crisper version of the video being available besides home video recordings is incredibly slim but...I know there’s some HUGE EPCOT fans in these forums so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

7A70C28B-AACB-490D-A4FE-1D6E8173DDB3.jpeg

Photo from Walt Dated World.com

sedati

So, I was watching @marni1971’s AMAZING tribute video on the history of Spaceship Earth from opening to 86’

for the first time recently and I noticed something that immediately caught my eye.

Starting at about 55:32, there is a video that can be seen (presented in what can only remind me of something out of the old CircleVision days) that shows all of the EPCOT attractions in an adorable way with original 2D animated scenes representing certain characters and scenes from the respective attractions.

I’d LOVE to know what artists worked on the video and if there’s any better quality versions of the video out there because...it seriously brought a smile to my face when I first saw it.

Obviously, I know it’s from the late 80’s so the chances of a crisper version of the video being available besides home video recordings is incredibly slim but...I know there’s some HUGE EPCOT fans in these forums so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

View attachment 610319

Photo from Walt Dated World.com

Again, I am deeply conflicted about EPCOT Center. I loved this space and I remember watching theses screens as I recall them offering glimpses at Horizons and Living Seas before they opened.
Looking back however, this was like a giant terminal for nothing. A preview center for a park that was already open. The World Key kiosks took up very little space and the Bell exhibit was over in Communicore. So why was this built so big and so tall that it greatly obscures Spaceship Earth from the park. Early concept art shows a stepped design that would have at least limited the visual impact.
Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 5.19.00 PM.png

What was the cause for the higher structure other than perhaps great views for a corporate lounge?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom