Spacemountain expansion

Adidas984

Original Poster
I thought I heard that spacemountain was going to get expanded. It is supposed to have expansion space where carousel of progress is or somewhere near there. And the expansion for the ride will be the new coaster will go upsidedown and be 100 times greater then the orignal one is. Now before you start asking where I read this I remember reading on this site a couple of months ago so take it for what you will.

figmentbaby

i dunno...it seems sort of strange that they would do that? It's already an E ticket ride anyway...wouldnt they spend the money making a completely new ride so there would be more people attracted to two? I might be wrong as well so...

s25843

Originally posted by Adidas984
I thought I heard that spacemountain was going to get expanded. It is supposed to have expansion space where carousel of progress is or somewhere near there. And the expansion for the ride will be the new coaster will go upsidedown and be 100 times greater then the orignal one is. Now before you start asking where I read this I remember reading on this site a couple of months ago so take it for what you will.

There is a reason it was under the News and Rumors....
They would have to Re-Do the ENTIRE ride. That track currently there is only a wild mouse track, and it is far from capable of inversions...

Sketch105

Although I love the fantasy of news and rumours, and I believe we should all keep a "blue sky" thought about it (anything is possible), there is a realm of reality surrounding each rumour. Why would Disney spend money to redo the ride when they have the long lines to justify not redoing it (besides for safety reasons).

As much as I believe Disney CAN do anything, there are certain stretches in what they WILL do.

bearboysnc

I read on a News and Rumor forum, that for DL's 50th anniversary they were going to completely re-do 5 attractions. One for every decade the park has been open. ONE was "supposed to be" an all new Space Mountain (with an inversion)

WigglyWiggins

i know its just a rumour but i actually hope they dont change space mountain..because its not a very intense coaster t was my first coaster and i think its a great way of introducing kiddies to coasters...as opposed to one minute dumbo the next RnR! if they did expand it, surely that would mean closing paractically the whole of tommorrowland while they did it? or maybe i have misinterpreted where they would do it? if they did......? which site was the rumour on?
thanx

Goofster

Although I doubt it will happen, if things are successful in fixing up Disneyland's Space Mountain, whether it is a total rebuilding w/ inversions or not, I think they may seriously think about doing the same to Walt Disney World's. (Whatever that may be)

And No, Tomorrowland would still be up and running, except of course for TTC, unless they added some track make it stay out of Space Mountain for a year or two.

The only area of Tomorrowland affected would be The Space Mountain, Cop area, so the rest would stay open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom