Space

Mission2Mars

Original Poster
I have a source within Disney who has confirmed of what you know about the Space ride. It is a centifuge, however is will multi-centifuges. They will all be connected to a long pylon, in which all the little pods will circle around. Hight, length,etc. wasn't disscussed. To more specific about the source, I will tell u this much.. I'm a student at an area flight school, and I have access to flight simulators that are made by the same company as the one who is constructing Mission Space.

NowInc

HeHe..that was prob the only aspect of the ride we were sure of...what we need to know is how/if they are integrating CAVE in this...

tim911

Originally posted by Mission2Mars
I have a source within Disney who has confirmed of what you know about the Space ride. It is a centifuge, however is will multi-centifuges. They will all be connected to a long pylon, in which all the little pods will circle around. Hight, length,etc. wasn't disscussed. To more specific about the source, I will tell u this much.. I'm a student at an area flight school, and I have access to flight simulators that are made by the same company as the one who is constructing Mission Space.

:D :D I knew there was someone out there who knows someone who knows someone!!:D :D What we need is a spy. Who out there is willing to jump the fence, run inside the building, snap some pictures, and get them posted on the net?? First one to post these pics gets $5!!!:lol: :lol: :animwink:

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Geez...I wish they did that for EVERY attraction! :lol: I guess they leave it up to guys like us...;)

Truthfully I wouldn't mind it being a surprise. This way i can be totally blown away when I ride it for the first time.

TURKEY

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

Truthfully I wouldn't mind it being a surprise. This way i can be totally blown away when I ride it for the first time.

Me too. I know I couldn't wait to ride TT, RRC, TOT, see AK and other stuff that I had never done before.

The anticipation is part of what makes a ride so great. Not knowing much of how something is going to work like MS is just making my anticipation that much more.

orlpassholder

yep I rode RnR when they where doing a soft opening I had no wait etc. people where turning away cause of

1. a sign that said if you rides this etc and we use your face blah blah you dont get a dime

2. they thought it was not open... HELLO PEOPLE ARE GOING ON IT

NowInc

Originally posted by markymark
I know I am going to come across like a real dummy here, but can someone explain what the bloody hell CAVE is?

Ta

The military uses it for training...its sorta like all around Virtural Reality. You sit in this pod sorta thing, and images are projected all around you. Disney has been itching to use it for a while now, and it seems that M:S is the best opportunity...

markymark

Originally posted by NowInc

The military uses it for training...its sorta like all around Virtural Reality. You sit in this pod sorta thing, and images are projected all around you. Disney has been itching to use it for a while now, and it seems that M:S is the best opportunity...

Thanks, Now!

I feel slightly less stupid now!

Rider

I was at the soft openig for Journey to Atlantis at Sea World. We were there for the day and I noticed people riding it so letter that night (it was dark and Cold) I went over and got on it.

ToTBellHop

I've been on the soft openings for Test Track and Kali River Rapids. No one knew Kali was open, so they let us go around three times :) I was also there when they were first trying out Fastpass at Countdown to Extinction. It was before all the kiosks were up so no one knew what Fastpass was, and they just had a cast member handing out tickets. We liked it (of course) and VOILA! Now it's everywhere!

NowInc

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I've been on the soft openings for Test Track and Kali River Rapids. No one knew Kali was open, so they let us go around three times :) I was also there when they were first trying out Fastpass at Countdown to Extinction. It was before all the kiosks were up so no one knew what Fastpass was, and they just had a cast member handing out tickets. We liked it (of course) and VOILA! Now it's everywhere!

I was at the soft for TT as well....which is prob the most UNSMOOTH soft openening i can imagine..the thing was breaking down every half hour...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom