Space Ranger Spin Picture Request

Boston Bruins

Original Poster
Hey all! Longtime lurker, first time poster. Anyway, I'm a big fan of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and there's one picture that I'm wondering if anyone out there has. The attraction was sponsored by Mattel for a brief period when it first opened, and part of this sponsorship included the big orange robot in the first major show scene being named "Rock Em Sock Em" after the classic game. When Mattel dropped sponsorship, this robot was renamed "Box O Bot." Does anyone have a good quality picture of the robot with the original title on his chest? You can see it for a brief second in this video around 1:38:

This original name was changed sometime around 2000 or 2001, so it wasn't there for long. Any help would be awesome!

Cmdr_Crimson

So just recently I posted a video of the 2004 top 7 must sees at walt disney world on another post and @Phonedave pointed out that the Robot has a clear shot of his chest...I checked it out and low and behold after a screen grab...Here it is!
rockemrobot.jpg

Boston Bruins

Original Poster
So just recently I posted a video of the 2004 top 7 must sees at walt disney world on another post and @Phonedave pointed out that the Robot has a clear shot of his chest...I checked it out and low and behold after a screen grab...Here it is!
View attachment 272877
No way!!! Thank you so much and thank you @Phonedave for finding this! This is such an incredibly obscure bit of trivia that I've been looking for forever!

Phonedave

No way!!! Thank you so much and thank you @Phonedave for finding this! This is such an incredibly obscure bit of trivia that I've been looking for forever!

It was just an incredible bit of luck. I read this thread. Then the next day I watched that video that @Cmdr_Crimson posted. I didn't even watch the whole video, just clicked around and watched a few parts. Then I see "Rockem Sockem" flash on the screen. I was quite surprised myself.

Strollin' Stu

Holy cow! I never knew this and this ride is my jam! Were there any other characters in the ride who had their names or design changed as a result of the Mattel sponsorship?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom