Space Mountain

Justin

yeah, i know what u mean. Disney has its own way of doing things but alot of parks have the same concept after Disney does it. :( :( :(

It seems that Disney cant win cause all their stuff is little and good but after that rides get Big and good. Kindof like making a prototype and not to big and then another park will make the same concept and make it big, with more stuff. Its time Disney should go back and make a big prototype ride! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:zipit:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Justin time

im kind of tired of those little dumbo rides and Pirates of the Carribean etc.
That young man is treason in these here parts and as such is still punishable buy death. Or at least a lenghthy period in the Tower, and no I dont mean the one with the elevator shaft!!!

Justin

yeah, i know what u mean, I heard their making another Rock "N" Rollercoaster in Cali. I heard it was going to be Premier but disney would LOL at the idea of going upsidedown with lap bars.

I m guessing they will still stick with Vekoma :hammer:

U do know that 2 more ToT's r underway? :brick:

One in DCA and the other on in MGM Paris, I think thats so stupid how they do that. However, Their Tower of Terrors will be nothing like MGM Florida. :snore:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Changing SM in any way would require a huge construction project. The top half of the mountain would have to be taken off so the track could be built.

If this would happen, I'd see a whole new mountain before a renovation.

Justin

I agree Fieval

I agree Man, They would have to do a huge construction tablet on the mountain. I dont really think anything will be hapening to that in a while. IF they at least they wouldnt' take it down for DP's version? :(

I dont want another Vekoma Launch. I wish Diseny would get another manufactuer in with them. Although they did just get Riverchon that shows some improvment :brick:

I heard at IAAPA that B&M will be distributing a coaster to Diseny, Didn's say which park, what kind or where. But my guesses that it will be a B&M Flyer in the Dragon area.

Anyways I dont think SM will be down for a while. What would they do with all the steel that they take down from the Old Arrow Version? :lol:

Dont think that it will be going anywhere for a while. The old version is pretty mucn INSTALLED. It draws plenty of crowds and makes a great classic coaster. :king:

WDWManic

Re: I agree Fieval

Originally posted by Justin
I agree Man, They would have to do a huge construction tablet on the mountain. I dont really think anything will be hapening to that in a while. IF they at least they wouldnt' take it down for DP's version? :(

I dont want another Vekoma Launch. I wish Diseny would get another manufactuer in with them. Although they did just get Riverchon that shows some improvment :brick:

I heard at IAAPA that B&M will be distributing a coaster to Diseny, Didn's say which park, what kind or where. But my guesses that it will be a B&M Flyer in the Dragon area.

Anyways I dont think SM will be down for a while. What would they do with all the steel that they take down from the Old Arrow Version? :lol:

Dont think that it will be going anywhere for a while. The old version is pretty mucn INSTALLED. It draws plenty of crowds and makes a great classic coaster. :king:

Yup i totally agree with you.

DisneyKrazed

yeah, i know what u mean, I heard their making another Rock "N" Rollercoaster in Cali. I heard it was going to be Premier but disney would LOL at the idea of going upsidedown with lap bars.

I m guessing they will still stick with Vekoma :hammer:

U do know that 2 more ToT's r underway? :brick:

One in DCA and the other on in MGM Paris, I think thats so stupid how they do that. However, Their Tower of Terrors will be nothing like MGM Florida. :snore:

Please, Please, Please, Please, don't get me started on going upside down without OTSR! You DON'T need them, they give a better ride! No headbanging! More comfort for the rider!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by WDWManic
50th anniversary is a while away, they 25th was just in 1997.

We are talking about the DisneyLAND Space Mountain and DisneyLAND 50th anniversary. Not Walt Disney World.

The steel from it? Thats no big deal at all.

Edit: And why would redoing SM require the top to come off? They build the original and the WDW one inside the completed mountain, and they could do that again if they chose to.

Justin

yeah i know what u mean DisneyKreazed... Going upsidedown without a OTSR is better in ways, Sometimes i feel safer like on B&M Coasters, but in Vekoma's case or CSR u need them.
It would help airtime :D

The reason u would need the top off, is for the launch, The launch is in a tube going up and its halfway outside and half inside. It just makes the catapult possible.

However Leaving SM WDW would be a great idea, taking it down.... :brick:

I dont think its possible anyways it would be too hard, and Disney wouldn't even approach doing that.However i wish they would get new trains cause its running Lock Bar System now and it steels the airtime away from u. :( :(

Get Lap bar System renewed and give us AIR! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Space Mountain Rocks!: Rode it 563times :king: lol.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Thrawn

We are talking about the DisneyLAND Space Mountain and DisneyLAND 50th anniversary. Not Walt Disney World.

The steel from it? Thats no big deal at all.

Edit: And why would redoing SM require the top to come off? They build the original and the WDW one inside the completed mountain, and they could do that again if they chose to.

Actually not...if you look at construction pics of the mountain, it shows the main part of the track assembled before they put the top/decorative spiers on top.

Plus, a new coaster would require new mounts, new concrete, etc.

Basically a new foundation. The new coasters come pre-assembled in large pieces that are lowered by cranes. This would be pretty hard to do without taking apart the mountain.

Talk about wrecking the magic :)

If you want proof, look at the way they built RnR. Coaster completed....then the building went up.

Justin

I know it would be hard, Plus they wouldn't do that anyways. :)

back then Space Mountain was a big hit and it still is. It hits higher Capacity than some other coasters in the world in Famous spots do. As Cedar point and Kings Island. I think either way to take down This would be recking the magic, true to that. They would not do it to such a traditional and classic ride that Walter made.

If they were going to do it u would be looking at some pretty furious people and they know that. :lookaroun

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by stingrock23
Didn't Disney design Space Mountain? maybe not, but that's what i thought. The DLP version looks very cool and i'm sure it's a great attraction, but I guess i'm one of those nostalgic ones that doesn't want to see the current SM change. I like it the way it is. I know it's older and more "rickety", but i like it that way. I'm sure it will eventually be replaced, but i'd like to see it in it's current form for a long time.

God bless ya, Stingrock!!! being a 99.9% nostalgic, myself, i agree 100% with you!!! Space Mountain is just fine just the way it is! besides, i wouldn't want loops on SM...the only reason i've never ridden RnRC is because it has loops. SM and coasters of the like, personally, give me all the thrills i need! everytime i get off SM and BTM for the first time of a trip, i'm shaking all over! i'm not a risk taking person, so calm rides are more my style and because of that, i need fairly tame coasters...i pray that Disney never takes those away from me! i hope they realize that coasters such as SM and BTM give me all the rush i can handle!

Justin

I agree with u too, Space Mountain is going nowhere, It already has a huge capacity, and People love it. Its the pefect Coaster for Disney. Disney really is a place more or less for tame rides and thats kind of a shame. Thats half way y their losing buisness cause they dont have enough thrills.

However SM is a pretty good thrill to me. i have rode it over 500times and im tired of it yet. :D

If Disney were to take out the old one they know they woudl be screwing up. however they could make another building near the old Cable Car Ride and call it the Son of Space mountain. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disney really wont be getting rid of that. At least not when Izner is in buisness. BTW does anyone know who is in after Izner?

ToTBellHop

B&M Over-the-shoulder restraints are fine...you can still put your arms up on their coasters. I do like the new looping-coaster lap bar system, but they aren't really catching on...only a handful of coasters have them (because Premier isn't really a favorite coaster company...). I think the only reason disney went with Reverchon is because Mack gave them a dangerous ride and Reverchon is cheap...I don't see them drifting away from Vekoma or Intamin AG on major coasters (I could see a CCI woodie in a few years, too...since CCI makes the best wooden coasters).

DisneyKrazed

I agree Space Mountain is jsut fine the way it is. Most people don't go two or three times a year, so when they come going on space mountain is always a must ride, a tradition of sorts. What would changing it really do? If they did change it what would happen to tommorow land. The new tommorow land has a futuristic theme were DLP has a Jules vern (sorry don't know how to spell his name) theme.

Dizknee_Phreek

Disney really is a place more or less for tame rides and thats kind of a shame. Thats half way y their losing buisness cause they dont have enough thrills.

funny...i don't see them losing buisness. maybe losing business with thrill seekers, but that's ok...as long as there are families with little kids, Disney will always have a crowd. but if you're saying that they're losing business in the past year, then yeah, you're sort of right...but everyone's been losing a bit of business since Sept. 11. it's coming back though. but if they're losing business due to anything, i don't think it's because they don't have enough thrills...i think more than anything it's because of their loss in quality over the past couple of years.

Justin

Yeah, I wasn't saying losing their buisness to Thrillseekers, I just meant alot of them dont aim towards Disney cause its not the biggest thrill park in the world.

Thats where its weak but its really strong in good areas as Family matters and lilttle kids and thats the way it should be. Paramount and Six Flags parks have often just thrills and when little kids go they get discouraged to the lack of Fun things for them.

Disney is doing in their excellent job. In way Disney has their own way of running things and its doing great do to that fact. But if ACE members and other thrillseekers cant find good in Disney then just leave them to Universal or Six Flags or something....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom