Space Mountain vs Revenge of the Mummy

Better ride?

• Total voters

JoeCamel

space.PNG

The only vote needed

Tom Morrow

Tough call for me. The coaster portion of Mummy is short, but it's really good. I also like the very old school feel of the MK Space Mountain and I think it packs more of a punch than people give it credit for. Space probably edges out for nostalgia reasons.

jonnyc

Two of my favourite attraction queues - however my biggest pet peeve on SM is that un-themed corridor they started routing the queue into just after the Alpha/Omega split point following the last big refurb. It seems so unnecessary as SM appears to have a huge amount of well themed queue that they could back the queue into instead of using a random corridor.

Weather_Lady

I voted for the Mummy in comparing both attractions as they currently stand.

However, as others pointed out, Space Mountain in its glory days (or, I'd submit, even Space Mountain at Disneyland, now) might edge The Mummy out.

Animaniac93-98

Space Mountain is a spectacular piece of work from the masters of WED. I'd say the most underrated thing about it is the 1983 soundtrack. Unfortunately, it has not been taken care of, and no longer dazzles in the way it should beyond its general scope and scale.

The Mummy is the best ride at USF, and will likely be even better once it's major refurb is done. It also has Brendan Fraser, which is always a plus.

Both coasters are rougher than they should be, IMO.

I honestly can't decide. I'd go on either one now if I could.

OG Runner

I voted for The Mummy also. I really appreciate the theming and enjoy that it is not just a coaster. I have to say Space Mountain
still amazes me that it's top speed is about 30 mph. It always seems faster.

GuyFawkes

It's very noticeable to me what was taken out of SM, kind of annoys me.

I don't understand the back hallway and why they send people down it now? It's like this, here, random hallway to walk down?

Tom Morrow

Yeah that whole 2009 refurbishment was a bit of a botch job. It's also baffling that they covered the station area but didn't bother to extend that cover to over the Peoplemover track, so there's a very big stretch of Peoplemover where you see nothing. They could have retained the windows looking into the station.

I do like that the end result is a darker ride though, but I miss being able to see the rockets up above while waiting to get on.

celluloid

Yeah that whole 2009 refurbishment was a bit of a botch job. It's also baffling that they covered the station area but didn't bother to extend that cover to over the Peoplemover track, so there's a very big stretch of Peoplemover where you see nothing. They could have retained the windows looking into the station.

I do like that the end result is a darker ride though, but I miss being able to see the rockets up above while waiting to get on.
Yeah and those glow in the dark stripes could have remained to give a kinetic energy to The Peoplemover's pointless darkness. At least something would have been zipping around.

Also, it as gotten even worse as those screens they put as ceilings in the loading area the last few times I have been do not even project any visuals for the queue anymore. I miss seeing the glow in the dark stripes and giant asteroid cookies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom