Space Mountain Single Rider

chadwpalm

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So yesterday I stood in the single rider line for Space Mountain for about 10 min and the line didn’t move an inch. Today, again, 15 min and no movement. Has anyone had better luck? Am I being impatient? I ended just waiting in the 40 min standby. It may or may not have been quicker, but at least it was moving.

Does the 2-by-2 even nature of the attraction lend to poor SR results? Matterhorn holds 6 (3x3) and RSR is also 3–by-3. They seem to move much quicker.

chadwpalm

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So being by myself I was paired with a single rider and I asked how long he waited and he said about 30 minutes. Standby was about 35-40 so I didn’t lose too much time.

Roy G. Dis

Thank you for sharing your experience. How was the SR on Matterhorn and RSR? I'm hoping to sneak away at night from my family and go on some adult rides.

Ryan120420

So yesterday I stood in the single rider line for Space Mountain for about 10 min and the line didn’t move an inch. Today, again, 15 min and no movement. Has anyone had better luck? Am I being impatient? I ended just waiting in the 40 min standby. It may or may not have been quicker, but at least it was moving.

Does the 2-by-2 even nature of the attraction lend to poor SR results? Matterhorn holds 6 (3x3) and RSR is also 3–by-3. They seem to move much quicker.

Single rider at Space Mountain depends all on the groupers at load. Sometimes you'll have a pair of groupers on top of thier game making sure that most empty seats are filled, other times they will completely ignore the Single Rider line.

Also they tend not to fill every single single seat to prevent the ride vehicles from being too heavy and having to be pulled off onto the spur track. If too many ride vehicles get pulled off onto spur too quickly it will cause the ride to cascade.

Single Rider at Space Mountain has become really hit or miss since the parks have reopened. Sometimes it will be a walk on, other times it can be painfully slow.

Dapale

There have been days where I was the only single rider in line before. There have also been days where I've had to wait over 15 minutes. 100% depends on the grouper at the front and if they're paying attention to fill every spot.

waltography

SR was a relatively new addition to Space, right? Maybe it's just me, but it's one of the only rides I feel uncomfortable sitting next to a stranger. It sits closer to Big Thunder than Incredicoaster to me in terms of how close I feel to the person next to me.

Ryan120420

SR was a relatively new addition to Space, right? Maybe it's just me, but it's one of the only rides I feel uncomfortable sitting next to a stranger. It sits closer to Big Thunder than Incredicoaster to me in terms of how close I feel to the person next to me.

It was added to the ride in November of 2017.

If you don't want a single rider sitting next to you all you have to do is tell a Cast Member when you are assigned your seat.

PiratesMansion

A single rider line that you should never get in is the Incredicoaster one. Unless that line is an hour plus, you'll go faster just standing in the standby line.
The only singles lines that have ever worked decently well for me are RSR and Space. The others have been so frustrating and so poorly operated that I've never done them again.

RollerCoaster

Single rider lines work better on attractions with seating greater than or less than two abreast. As already mentioned Space Mountain is extra problematic because of the weight limit on the overall train.

RollerCoaster

I’ll do this next time. By the time I realized a single rider was hopping in next to me it was too late.
Don't be one of those people! It's inconsiderate and you make lines longer for everyone.

You get one seat, not two! If you don't want to ride with someone you don't know then bring a friend to the park.

mickEblu

Don't be one of those people! It's inconsiderate and you make lines longer for everyone.

You get one seat, not two! If you don't want to ride with someone you don't know then bring a friend to the park.

What if I’m a party of 3 Jack ?

I think, in spite of your comment, I’m going to go ahead and continue with my plan of telling the CM I do not want to be seated next to a single rider on Space Mountain the once or twice a year I find myself in the predicament. Everyone will be ok. Most importantly, I’ll be able to enjoy my ride that I waited in line for.

RollerCoaster

What if I’m a party of 3 Jack ?

I think, in spite of your comment, I’m going to go ahead and continue with my plan of telling the CM I do not want to be seated next to a single rider on Space Mountain the once or twice a year I find myself in the predicament. Everyone will be ok. Most importantly, I’ll be able to enjoy my ride that I waited in line for.

Selfish. It's so awful to have to sit next to someone else! Oh my, how do you survive in this world??? How do you handle going to the movies, a live show, or riding on an airplane?

I'm well aware of odd numbers like 3. Maybe one of your friends won't be so selfish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom