Space Mountain Refurb

fngoofy

Original Poster
I searched on this and was unable to get the most recent news.

Is SM still going down for most of 09 for refurb?

We are thinking of going in May and I was curious if SM would be up or not.
I have looked on the MK calendar and have not seen it listed as being down in January or any other month.

Thanks in advance for any info.

hokielutz

If it is going down.... then they are really delaying the announcement until the last minute. The longer the delay.... the more inclined I am to think that the project may be on hold for a while, especially with all the other refurbs that are currently scheduled to be underway in January.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
May as well start a new thread on this I guess since it`s been quiet recently :D

Yes, it is still green. As of now, anytime between January and April (date not fixed yet)

HMF

Don't expect anything big. After the refurb our Space Mountain will still be inferior to Disneyland's.

fngoofy

Original Poster
May as well start a new thread on this I guess since it`s been quiet recently :D

Yes, it is still green. As of now, anytime between January and April (date not fixed yet)

Thanks Chief.
Love the vids by the way.

LotR has nothing on your extended cut for Tomorrowland ;)
3 hrs of awesome info.

Ever thought of doing the WDW resorts like you did for DLP?

Oh, and have you done one on the history of PotC yet?

epcotWSC

What I don't understand is, if Magic Kingdom is the #1 most visited park in the world, and in 2007 WDW had 46,990,000 (50,980,000 including water parks) visitors vs. 20,550,000 in California why does WDW always get the shaft?

hokielutz

The answer lies in the question.

There is that, and the great profit margins that the executives don't want to cut into at the Florida resort.

Couldn't they just announce to the investment community, that over a one to two year period, there will be a massive Capital investment campaign in the FL parks to update everything that hasn't been touched in the last 15 years?? So don't expect margins to be as good as the recent years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks Chief.
Love the vids by the way.

LotR has nothing on your extended cut for Tomorrowland ;)
3 hrs of awesome info.

Ever thought of doing the WDW resorts like you did for DLP?

Oh, and have you done one on the history of PotC yet?
Thanks, yes, and soon-ish ;)

HMF

Obviously no where near MK executives

Imagineer: let's fix up SM! We can do it!

Executive: No

Imagineer: C'mon guys we can do it!

Executive: No
It reminds me of what is happening after the election. Before it was Yes We Can and A leader we can believe in. Now it's wer'e all screwed. (This post is not intended to be political. I am using an example

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom