Space Mountain hurts me too much to ride it again until it's repaired. Anyone else feel this way?

Berret

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hey all. I know there is a thread about Space Mountain repair ideas, but I think this is a bit separate. The last time I rode Space Mountain, it jangled me so badly that I had a headache for the rest of the day, and I was completely miserable. I couldn't tell you which side I went on, but it was just really bad. I used to love riding Space Mountain, and honestly the ride was more or less a rite of passage for me. I was too scared to ride it until I was about 11 or 12, and then after I finally worked up the courage to do it, I fell in love with it and never wanted to not ride it.

Now, I can't see ever subjecting myself to the ride until it's undergoes a major overhaul, and I wonder if that will ever happen. It's really sad, but I don't want to go through what I went through again. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I alone?

wdizneew

I find that the smoothest ride is the middle seat in either car. The roughest ride is the first seat of either car due to the seat overhanging past the front wheels.
magic-kingdom-space-mountain-vehicle-795.jpg

danyoung56

I also agree that the ride has gotten too rough for this ol' guy. It has always been one of my favorites, a must-do. But in the last 2 or 3 years it's become so shaky that it's been really painful.

On the other hand, Disneyland's SM is so freakin' smooth since they replaced the entire track. Wish they could do the same thing at the World.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Space Mountain has soft padding and cushions the rider fairly well. The Matterhorn bobsleds have hard plastic so you feel every bump and rattle. On the other hand though you never feel like you're going to fall out.

I'm asking for my lady. She has back issues and i've heard SM is tough. She can handle the light side of Matterhorn, not sure about the rough side.

aliceismad

Space Mountain has soft padding and cushions the rider fairly well. The Matterhorn bobsleds have hard plastic so you feel every bump and rattle. On the other hand though you never feel like you're going to fall out.
Good to know! My hubby hates Matterhorn and has sworn he'll never ride it again. (Of course he's also 6'4", so there's that aspect too.)

Dave B

Matterhorn has never been the same since they redid the tracks, it is a kids ride at this point, a bigger version of Barnstormer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom