Space Mountain, Half Empty or Half Full?

9-Eye

Original Poster
I have a silly question for you "pros." While viewing the interior of Space Mountain from the "people mover," it seems as though the twin track system only fills up about 1/3 of the dome interior, if that. Why is this?

With such a large building, I assume engineers would take advantage of as much available space inside as possible. And if the track system is the dependant variable, why build a much larger building around it?

While waiting in the latter part of the que, I look up and see alot of ...nothing.

9-Eye

NowInc

Last time I was in there with the lights on it looked to me that the coaster takes up a large portion of the building. I think the "empty" space you are referring to is the open air above the que....

epcot71

is it me or do the big flying asterioids in the ceiling while u wait to board look like big chocolate chip cookies?????

MMMMMMMM:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Tom Morrow

I've also ridden through on the TTA with the lights on, and the track takes up about 3/4ths of the dome. The extra 1/4 is the area above the queue.

MCMike37

Originally posted by epcot71
is it me or do the big flying asterioids in the ceiling while u wait to board look like big chocolate chip cookies?????

Well, for good reason...they are chocolate chip cookies. (No kidding)

Skipper Timekpr

According to Disney Imagineers they are not. I can't tell you how many times they've put that in the eye's and ears and other places. Personally I think they're lying.

MCMike37

Originally posted by Skipper Timekpr
According to Disney Imagineers they are not. I can't tell you how many times they've put that in the eye's and ears and other places. Personally I think they're lying.

Ok, well, no one knows for sure, but that's what I have heard and rad and choose to believe....:D

Personally, I think Chips Ahoy.

DisJosh

At what times are the lights on in Space Mountain?? I want to ride the TTA with space mountains lights on! :( Waaahhhhh!!! :D

NowInc

Originally posted by DisJosh
At what times are the lights on in Space Mountain?? I want to ride the TTA with space mountains lights on! :( Waaahhhhh!!! :D

Whenever they do a rehab on it....thats the time I most saw it with the lights on. the TTA goes right thru it and you get to see how ugly the coaster/walls REALLY are. Thank god the lights are off when you ride it....

Tom Morrow

Also, if theres a problem with the ride, or for whatever reason, they will turn the lights on. Once, my family and I were about to ride Space Mountain, but the line was closed off, so we rode the TTA instead, and when we went through Space Mountain, the lights were on. Just as we were about to leave, they announced that they would be turning the lights back off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom