Space Mountain Finally Normal Again This Summer

Travel Junkie

Hooray! I was worried it wouldn't come back for years. HSM has infiltrated the other SM other than Orlando. The projections ruined HKDL's version and destroys the theme of Discoveryland in Paris.

D

Deleted member 107043

eLN8Q.gif

mickEblu

What do you mean?

I'm thinking that their thinking there are enough new offerings with GOTG / Summer of Heroes at DCA that they can bring the classic SM (which will almost feel like a new attraction at this point) which will appeal to a lot of folks who may or not be interested in Star Wars/ Marvel.

I think the Overall strategy is to stagger these overlays and new offerings so it always feels like there's something new. Even when something old is just coming back.

Last edited:

PiratesoftheHM

I'm thinking that their thinking there is enough new offerings with GOTG / Summer of Heroes at DCA that they can bring the classic SM (which will almost feel like a new attraction at this point) which will appeal to a lot of folks who may or not be interested in Star Wars/ Marvel.

I think the Overall strategy is stagger these overlays and new offerings so it always feels like there's something new. Even when something old is just coming back.

That and DL this summer has a very nostalgic feel (RDCT, MSEP, Classic Space Mountain, reopening of ROA) which is supposed to offset the...less than nostalgic feel of the new (painted over and bolted pipes) offerings in DCA.

mickEblu

That and DL this summer has a very nostalgic feel (RDCT, MSEP, Classic Space Mountain, reopening of ROA) which is supposed to offset the...less than nostalgic feel of the new (painted over and bolted pipes) offerings in DCA.

Exactly. Was kind of trying to say this with the "...a lot of folks who may or may not be interested in Star Wars/ Marvel" but I got lazy. Basically the nostalgic APs / people who don't like what happened to TOT. Etc. A little warm and fuzzy to offset the feelings sparked by the oil refinery At the other park.

DDLand

Glorious! Hyperspace Mountain is an amusing enough diversion, but could never stand up on its own. The bright lights illuminating the track, the annoying sounds of Tie Fighters, and the unnecessary story.

I suppose it's alright to throw in a little flavor every once and a while, but letting the classic live seems like the right thing! Space Mountain brings something to the table that no other attraction can, so losing it to just another Star Wars thing much longer would have been frustrating.

This is one time where Walt Disney World's and Tokyo Disneyland's antiquated Space Mountains won out.

Also, can I just question the logic of adding an overlay to one of the most popular attractions at a park. What does that get you? Marketing aside, it just puts further strain on an already popular attraction without boosting capacity.

Long live Space Mountain! This is especially important as two of the 5 seem to be dying...

TP2000

We rode it in January and loved it. We are on the east coast so WDW is were we go and didn't realize it was a special theme. Thought it was so much better than Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom.

The regular version is also much better than Magic Kingdom's version. Even the Halloween version at Disneyland, Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy is a better version than Magic Kingdom's static unchanging version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom