Space Mountain City of the Future painting

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster
Hello! Just wanted to make a quick post, because after my last trip to WDW, I really admired what what a cool painting the picture you see in the post-show of space mountain is. In case you don't know what I'm referring to:

space mountain city of the future.png

After looking hard online, I can't seem to find any good images of this, so I decided to do my best to recreate it digitally. I don't know whether I will be able to do it or not, but basically I just wondered if anyone had any images of this painting better than the one shown here - I'm not going to feature them anywhere online, just using them as a reference to make this. Thanks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hello! Just wanted to make a quick post, because after my last trip to WDW, I really admired what what a cool painting the picture you see in the post-show of space mountain is. In case you don't know what I'm referring to:

View attachment 490075

After looking hard online, I can't seem to find any good images of this, so I decided to do my best to recreate it digitally. I don't know whether I will be able to do it or not, but basically I just wondered if anyone had any images of this painting better than the one shown here - I'm not going to feature them anywhere online, just using them as a reference to make this. Thanks!
It’s not really Space Mountain, and has been there since 1985. There should be good pictures online, or better yet with the pesky speedramp removed for a marathon walk it’s easy to take a good picture nowerdays.

Here’s one from when the lighting and effects all worked

E8819D80-FC8A-4481-B953-2B8F4D407E7B.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s not really Space Mountain, and has been there since 1985. There should be good pictures online, or better yet with the pesky speedramp removed for a marathon walk it’s easy to take a good picture nowerdays.

View attachment 490167

The dog wasn't there during the RYCA-1 era... if I'm remembering correctly. That particular section of the post-show was always a favorite of mine, with the rotating piece and overall futuristic look.

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster

Thanks! That'll help lots.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

View attachment 490167

Is that barcode-like graphic actually hidden text? Does it say anything?

91JLovesDisney

Original Poster

What do you mean "It's not really Space Mountain?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom