I was at Disney in 2000 and now returning in

Does anyone know what I can expect to see on
the space earth as a logo??

thanks so much

sharon

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It looks better in real-life than it does in photos.
I think given a few years it will be accepted.

markymark

Oooooops.
Sorry "mighty" no disrespect intended! All I mean is that I feel it looked better as the 2000 logo.
We have had a discussion on this before. I realise that the wand had to stay, I just think that the font could have been better. I may change my mind when I get there though. I'll let you know.

mightyduck

It definitely looks better in person than in my photo. Don't worry, I'm not offended. My cinderella castle photo didn't come out as good as the spaceship earth one did, and I didn't want to put up the photos of me with characters....

I'm not overly attached to it, but the font doesn't bother me. And since my new year's 2K trip was a disaster, the less it looks like that bad experience, the better...

(although my unused hopper days are what allowed me to go last week! :) )

mightyduck

What happened on my disatrous vacation?

My mother wanted the family (we're all adults now) to be together for the millennium, which required us to book WAY in advance. Then we couldn't get a flight, my brother bailed (choosing to have a giant party in my parents' house under the guise of "dogsitting") and we took my grandmother instead. My mom was in the hospital the week before we went, my grandmother had to be taken to the emergency room while we there, my mom was on oxygen the whole trip, and my dad and I decided to go to epcot for new year's eve. With six cars ahead of us, they announce epcot is closed and run us around the outside of the parking area because traffic was at a dead stop onto Rt 4. We asked if any of the other parks were still open and the CMs refused to answer us and we couldn't get into a line to get into a different park because of the giant traffic jam. So we went back to the condo and watched CNNs coverage of the millennium on tv all day, and I caught some of the fireworks from the parking lot of the condo that nite. I found out the next day that MK didn't close for hours and MGM was open, too, but they wouldn't give us directions at the time to get there with the giant traffic nightmare. The next day, I insisted they let me go the park alone, and I had a great time--met great people, saw lots of stuff, went on lots of rides. A few days before my mom had insisted we go to the park, and as soon as we rented a wheelchair and headed to the Living Seas for lunch, she insisted we leave. So we ate lunch and left....wasting the entire cost of admission for the three of us that day. :(

Sorry. And if the guy I met New Years day is lurking here....thanks again for a great save of an otherwise disastrous vacation. ;)

Tapestry2000

Oh no!

I went down to WDW for the millennium celebration and we got into the MK about 2 or 3 hours before it closed on new years eve. We got separated at the MK entrance plaza that morning prompting some of us to take the ferry and the rest of us to take the monorail. And a couple of days before that we got separated again and didn't find each other until 2 hours later...it was horrible...:(

mightyduck

Originally posted by marciahahn
mightyduck, what a horrible vacation! At least any future trip has GOT to be better!

Marcia-

I took myself to Disney last week and it was wonderful. And, again, I did meet someone there January 1 that made it more fun. :)

Tramp

Originally posted by mightyduck

Marcia-

I took myself to Disney last week and it was wonderful. And, again, I did meet someone there January 1 that made it more fun. :)

Next time, take a dog...
(we will never leave your side like those human one-nighters)

Tink

Tramp - you are too cute!! ;)

Mighty-
We got locked out of Epcot as well for New Year's Eve - sorta. We instead drove to the Animal Kingdom, which we figured would be the least crowded, took a bus to the Yacht and/or Beach Club and walked to the International Gateway. Cast members were not letting anyone in except guests of Epcot area resorts. Fortunately, we had made a dinner reservation at Akershus (the restaurant in Norway) in advance and when they heard that, they verified it on our cell phone and then let us in. NYE was great but it was freeeeezing!!! I could've gone to Time Square and been warmer. But Illuminations that night made it all worthwhile. It was not quite complete, though - you weren't there!;)

sillyspook13

My friend and I got turned away on our first attempt to get into Epcot for the celebration, so we ate at Boardwalk as we hatched a plan. She talked to the guard as I looked at my pager impatiently. She explained that we were sisters and had gotten a page re. meeting for dinner in the park. I then said that they did not leave a phone number and I had already erased the page. After we finished explaining our "problem" to the man, he let us right in. We had a blast!!!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom