Space 220 Watch: Web Page Went Active Today (But No ADRs or Opening Date Yet)

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Part of my morning routine (don't judge) is a search for Space 220 on the WDW Official website. Up through yesterday, that search would only turn up the months-old blog post that initially announced the restaurant.

As of this morning, a search now turns up a dedicated restaurant page. The menu and reservation information have NOT been added yet (and it's currently indicating that it is not on the DDP), but hopefully those developments and additional opening/ADR information will come soon. In the meantime, here's the link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/space-220/

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
I'd sure like to see a menu!

Me, too -- especially one with prices! The "$$-$$$" shown for it on the new Epcot map, which spans $15-$60 per adult, doesn't give me enough information to decide whether we'd be interested in going there for a full meal, or just for a beer, or a dessert, and to look around. As a result, even if I could make an ADR for it now, I'd have no idea what time of day to pick.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
See I always thought it would open around December 15/16 since that's when Skipper Canteen opened.
Then everyone freaked and said February but Disney has not said a word which to me says its still going to pen in late 2019.
And if I'm basing it off Skipper Canteen I believe it was part of the DDP but was walk up only until the following June if I remember.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
See I always thought it would open around December 15/16 since that's when Skipper Canteen opened.
Then everyone freaked and said February but Disney has not said a word which to me says its still going to pen in late 2019.
And if I'm basing it off Skipper Canteen I believe it was part of the DDP but was walk up only until the following June if I remember.

I don't believe the February estimate was the result of anyone being an alarmist: the projections shifted to February due to the restaurant operator's representations in recent job postings (seeking staff for the restaurant) that it would "launch" in February 2020, with staff training not starting until January. https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/spa...gests-february-2020-opening-for-space-220.htm

JIMINYCR

Thanks for the update. At least by posting SOMETHING, we know theres something in the works. Hopefully we will get more soon. Im in the same boat as you, give us a menu... DS really wants us to grab an ADR when it opens up. Thankfully we are open for either B,L, or D. I think because of the projected thrilling view theyve described, lots of guests wont care about the food choices as much as experiencing their surroundings.

RememberWhen

Glad to have any kind of update. I was disappointed (though not surprised) when the opening got pushed out, but we’ve got July plans and would really like to go here if we can make it work. DS (currently 7, will be 8) is really into space, so it’ll be fun just to watch him take it in.

HouCuseChickie

One of the other forums has had a watch thread going for several months that I've been trying to follow. I know early 2020 is now the "official" info, but there's someone on Twitter who has been claiming Feb 13th as the opening date. Again...it's a rumor, but you never know. When I think early 2020, I think in terms of financial stuff and could see that being anything from 1/1-3/31...although, I think I'm probably not going to see it open for my Marathon week trip. I do think it's interesting that it will be 3 meals a day, so that should mean it could eventually be easier to get in there. All I know is I want a Tang cocktail!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'm looking forward to this. I'm hoping it's gonna have a steakhouse/high-end shellfish type vibe. If they have freeze-dried chicken and ice cream I'll be disappointed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Interesting it went from "cuisine from all over the world" to "American cuisine" according to the current page.

The old executive chef adored the minuet, the Ballets Russes, and Crêpes Suzette
The new executive chef loves to rock and roll... a hot dog makes them lose control --
What a wild duet!

The old executive chef has been most every where, from Zanzibar to Berekely Square.
But the new executive chef has only seen the sights a chef can see from Brooklyn Heights.
What a crazy pair!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom