News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not to defend disney, cause there is no defense, but it is an 18month party, why not have new things open throughout the event?

Getting Rat, Space 220(sept.ish) updated Jungle cruise and more.
Then in Spring of 2022 - get Tron, and maybe GotG. Later in 2022 you get finalized Play pavilion and maybe core for EPCOT completed.

Just sayin...
Maybe…but it’s really nothing if we’re honest

people keep thinking pink castle or wand…but they haven’t bothered for 15 years and crowds and zealotry have gone straight up.

just no point anymore…nothing changes

DisneyDreamerxyz

does anyone know if the restaurant is connected with the lobby where the Advance Training Lab is? or do you enter and exit through it's own entrance? It definitely give off more of a full "pavilion" vibe if everything was connected (not that anyone wants to ride Mission Space before or after eating) xD

Browncoat

Well park reservation for the 14th of September. I know mid September probably means end of September but if you can’t have unrealistic hopes and dreams at Disney where can you?

Wendy Pleakley

On the window seats yes and no. If different things are happening out each window you won't be able to see everything but what's going on right outside your window, and the effects may or may not look better from afar.

True. I was thinking of a place like The Blue Bayou restaurant, where waterside is amazing but a table over near the kitchen entrance isn't worth the price. Same with Sci-Fi Dine In to a degree, there are superior seats, and it certainly is a factor when you're paying a premium for the experience, regardless of how good the food is.

Video screens will probably look a bit better distanced.

disneyC97

Went to “Be Our Guest” for first time on family trip for lunch. My sister and family had done dinner before. Enjoyed it and food was decent but it was so pricey we won’t be back.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Went to “Be Our Guest” for first time on family trip for lunch. My sister and family had done dinner before. Enjoyed it and food was decent but it was so pricey we won’t be back.

I liked it better with the old lunch menu. We enjoyed the faux croque monsiuer immensely. Now, at $62/head for lunch? Hard pass.

I bet this comes in at $80/adult for lunch, $100 per for dinner. Those quarterly financial results aren’t going to increase by themselves, you know.

peter11435

I liked it better with the old lunch menu. We enjoyed the faux croque monsiuer immensely. Now, at $62/head for lunch? Hard pass.

I bet this comes in at $80/adult for lunch, $100 per for dinner. Those quarterly financial results aren’t going to increase by themselves, you know.
This is operated by third party. So Disney won’t be setting the price point and it won’t contribute significantly to quarterly earnings.

disneyC97

Yes, my sister and her husband picked up tab…7 total with 2 being kids…most expensive meal of the entire trip and far from anyone’s fave.

Thelazer

I assume those screens are just in a test mode and not showing what it will look like when you're actually eating there?

It's a window looking out into space.. like what did you think it would be? You got darkness, you got some stairs and maybe a small planet... that's about it.

UNCgolf

It's a window looking out into space.. like what did you think it would be? You got darkness, you got some stairs and maybe a small planet... that's about it.

It doesn't even look like that in the video. It looked completely stationary, almost like they were just pictures instead of screens.

Like I said, I doubt that's what it will actually be like or else there will be basically no draw to get people to eat there.

jpinkc

Not to defend disney, cause there is no defense, but it is an 18month party, why not have new things open throughout the event?

Getting Rat, Space 220(sept.ish) updated Jungle cruise and more.
Then in Spring of 2022 - get Tron, and maybe GotG. Later in 2022 you get finalized Play pavilion and maybe core for EPCOT completed.

Just sayin...
AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA That is overly optimistic, at the Disney way of building

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did someone say 'princess in space'?

1628887574774.png

Club Cooloholic

True. I was thinking of a place like The Blue Bayou restaurant, where waterside is amazing but a table over near the kitchen entrance isn't worth the price. Same with Sci-Fi Dine In to a degree, there are superior seats, and it certainly is a factor when you're paying a premium for the experience, regardless of how good the food is.

Video screens will probably look a bit better distanced.
Oh for sure. Ate at the living seas restaurant twice and always wished we got a seat by the aquarium glass

lazyboy97o

does anyone know if the restaurant is connected with the lobby where the Advance Training Lab is? or do you enter and exit through it's own entrance? It definitely give off more of a full "pavilion" vibe if everything was connected (not that anyone wants to ride Mission Space before or after eating) xD
It’s on the other side of the building. The post-show and shop are on the north side while the restaurant is on the south with the ride and it’s entrance in between. The entrance is through a space that was quickly added for Compaq to use as meeting space but was never finished by HP.

Thelazer

It doesn't even look like that in the video. It looked completely stationary, almost like they were just pictures instead of screens.

Like I said, I doubt that's what it will actually be like or else there will be basically no draw to get people to eat there.

What they should do, is have things happen when you order drinks.
Think about it, you order the MoonShot, and the screens show funny face moon videos.

Or you order, the OuterSpace Punch, and the Space Gods do a chant, while the screens display sing along lyrics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom