News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

WDWFANSINCE81

I agree with @UNCgolf, those tables look awfully tiny, smaller in depth/width than the booth seats. It looks like a standard size reusable water bottle in the middle of the table to the right. I suppose those could just be mounting plates for a bigger tabletop...hopefully.
Correct....just the mounting plates for tabletops, you can tell by the placement of the booth seats...if those were the table tops you would need to sit at the very edge of the seats.

SplashJacket

I suppose those could just be mounting plates for a bigger tabletop...hopefully.
Looking back I definitely agree that the "table" is extremely small, however, I definitely do think it has to be a mounting plate for a bigger tabletop that has yet to be installed.

Booth tables generally hang a bit over the seats whereas the current system has a substantial gap between the chair and "table"

1605562201859.png

For reference
1605562101422.png

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Is it just me or do the tables under the windows look exceptionally tiny? They don't look big enough to hold two drinks and two plates of food. Maybe they are some sort of reserved seats just for people to have drinks with no food.

The window size is disappointing. I was hoping for massive views out into "space", although it's possible that there's more than one set of windows.

Maybe they found a way to replicate zero gravity, thus eliminating the need to tables. Your food will just float in front of you.

If that's the case, I wonder what's the need for the seats. 🤔

SpoiledBlueMilk

This^
Looking at the latest concept art, it lines up with 2 tables per window:
epcot-space-220-restaurant-render-16x9.jpg

It's probably just a trick of the perspective as well as people being so close to the camera.
Nothing like judging a huge space based off of the focal length of a poorly shot image from a cell phone. I'd think the Mona Lisa was ugly if it was photographed with a potato.

_caleb

trainplane3

So apparently the space station is named "Centauri" according to this:

Thanks to @atighe42 for sharing the press release in the other thread.

Haymarket2008

So apparently the space station is named "Centauri" according to this:

Thanks to @atighe42 for sharing the press release in the other thread.

i was hoping they would cash in on the Horizons references with this. Now let’s get the Robot Butler in there somewhere....

Purduevian

I seem to remember saying there would be a "preshow" for this restaurant with a space elevator taking you to the restaurant. I assume these will be mechanically identical to the star wars cruiser and similar in vein (but reverse idea) from the old hydrolators?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom