News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

SplashJacket

Yeah, they used to do energy and Great Movie Ride. Looking at the events/meetings site it doesn't look like they have any more in-ride venues left.

Never knew this sort of thing happened. Very cool.
1582586933640.png

1582586944447.png

1582586998836.png

1582587036461.png

ppete1975

SplashJacket

Well damn.. learn something new every day!! I bet this was hella expensive or something that disney had to setup for special vips
A post in 2013 stated it cost $195 per person not including tax but including gratuity. Got you a solid 2 and a half hours in the ride though. It would definitely have different pricing for large events instead of a per-ticket basis.

Another post back in 2012 stated it cost $165 per person plus tax. This post includes a live band.
1582588958375.png

Creathir

A post in 2013 stated it cost $195 per person not including tax but including gratuity. Got you a solid 2 and a half hours in the ride though. It would definitely have different pricing for large events instead of a per-ticket basis.

Another post back in 2012 stated it cost $165 per person plus tax. This post includes a live band. View attachment 451678
Wow.
There are fireworks desert parties costing half this now, and I’d find the ride event much more of a unique experience...

SplashJacket

Wow.
There are fireworks desert parties costing half this now, and I’d find the ride event much more of a unique experience...

Oh, yea! Everyone can witness the same firework show, you're just guaranteed a decent view, but you cannot walk on Great Movie Ride track unless you're like the guy on the CoP. You cannot spend an hour soaking up the environment with a old-timey band. If GMR still existed I would be pained to fork over the money, but I would definitely do it at least once.

An extremely unique experience to say the least.

rnese

Well, I guess "Winter 2020" means "December 21, 2020". Only Disney could take 3 years to build a restaurant. (Hyperbole intended, just to get out ahead of the "well actually..." people.)
Hoover Dam? 5 years.
Magic Kingdom? 18 months
Empire State Building? 2 years
Space 220? TBD

Creathir

What changed here to allow this view?
Nothing.
They temporarily have removed the vegetation between WoL and MS for construction on the new Play Disney experience.

I’m sure they will replace it.

For what it’s worth, you’ve always been able to see the structure from one angle or another...

B2E194C1-8FD4-4210-9128-21FEA0953617.png

Epcot_Imagineer

Nothing.
They temporarily have removed the vegetation between WoL and MS for construction on the new Play Disney experience.

I’m sure they will replace it.

For what it’s worth, you’ve always been able to see the structure from one angle or another...

Would this be the result of a vegetation move? It looks to be part of the structure of MS, not WoL… or am I visualizing this wrong.

Epcot82Guy

Would this be the result of a vegetation move? It looks to be part of the structure of MS, not WoL… or am I visualizing this wrong.

The structure was pretty well hidden by vegetation. So, you technically could have always "seen" it, but the plants were in the way. I am a bit surprised they wouldn't at least scrim it, given how unfinished that part is. But, it does seem they are budget cutting where possible now. So, an easy cut to approve there.

TeriofTerror

So this is still a thing, right? They are still planning to open, someday? Maybe? 😉
Seriously, though, do we have any menu info yet? All I can recall is signature dining with an extensive wine list. I'm on board for this, but would love a little more info.

mhaftman7

So this is still a thing, right? They are still planning to open, someday? Maybe? 😉
Seriously, though, do we have any menu info yet? All I can recall is signature dining with an extensive wine list. I'm on board for this, but would love a little more info.
I’m kind of getting a feeling this won’t be open when we go in August. I just feel like we had significantly more info leading up to the opening of the BBQ joint that just opened in the American pavilion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom