News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

DisneyDreamerxyz

I'm starting to get the feeling late 2019 may not be the opening date for this anymore.... hopefully I'm wrong!
I'm starting to get the feeling late 2019 may not be the opening date for this anymore.... hopefully I'm wrong!
yeah, it's seeming this will be delayed from Winter 2019 to Spring. They still have a lot of work to do. There's some parts of the building that aren't even fully enclosed yet. I'm really interested in what the entrance will look like. It's gonna be so cool to walk inside Mission Space, turn to the right and have a table-service themed restaurant to go inside of.

nickys

Premium Member
yeah, it's seeming this will be delayed from Winter 2019 to Spring. They still have a lot of work to do. There's some parts of the building that aren't even fully enclosed yet. I'm really interested in what the entrance will look like. It's gonna be so cool to walk inside Mission Space, turn to the right and have a table-service themed restaurant to go inside of.

Winter runs up until March 21st. It could still open this Winter.

lazyboy97o

The most you would walk into Mission: SPACE is into the sphere outside. The attraction area is only directly connected on the second floor, with a back of house space separating the two at the ground level. There is also no room to add another way into the attraction, as adding the dedicated FastPass lanes already involved removing the back half of the sphere.

Unplugged

ISS is 220 miles from Earth's surface
For clarification to those who hadn't seen the posts, it was not a "space themed" restaurant (just decorations and such), but themed to be a restaurant in space (in orbit 220 miles up). You don't walk into the restaurant, but were supposed to enter a lobby, then take a "Space Elevator" up to the restaurant. If done right, which I'm sure it is, it will be pretty spectacular.

Edit: Of course the crazy thing is, the only way a space elevator would work as the concept uses a long cable, is that it has to be geosyncronous which is actually 22,236 miles. I'm assuming "Space 22,236" was too long a name?

I figure, as long as the gravity hasn't been tweaked for the experience, we should be good. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For clarification to those who hadn't seen the posts, it was not a "space themed" restaurant (just decorations and such), but themed to be a restaurant in space (in orbit 220 miles up). You don't walk into the restaurant, but were supposed to enter a lobby, then take a "Space Elevator" up to the restaurant. If done right, which I'm sure it is, it will be pretty spectacular.

I figure, as long as the gravity hasn't been tweaked for the experience, we should be good. ;)

They'll be using the centrifuges in the ride to give the illusion of weightlessness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom