News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes

I'm really excited for this restaurant. I know it's been talked about for a while. I think the theme is amazing at a time when it seems like space exploration might just be picking up again. This could be a homerun and the Patina Group (or whatever the name is) usually does great with food, so I'm sure that will be solid here as well. Is it American style food or something else?

eddie104

I'm really excited for this restaurant. I know it's been talked about for a while. I think the theme is amazing at a time when it seems like space exploration might just be picking up again. This could be a homerun and the Patina Group (or whatever the name is) usually does great with food, so I'm sure that will be solid here as well. Is it American style food or something else?
Yes this restaurant seems very promising.

...it's a yungle

What does one dine on in a "Space" themed restaurant anyway?
Albeit nearly a year ago, a very credible answer I received to this question was,
“We’re thinking of dishes from countries around the world.
Because, the space travelers will have visited from countries around the world”
The chef will have plenty of options!😉

MrPromey

Of course, to do all this, they'd need to convince management that 1) It needs the work, 2) it needs the budget, and 3) the park can survive without it's most popular attraction online for however long this would take. So it wouldn't happen.

This feels a lot like it could probably be done similar to the way the hitchiking ghost scene was upgraded in the haunted mansion in terms of overall downtime since so much of the work needed to pull it off could really happen off-site.

IMDREW

I found actual high res art and cropped out the new restaurant:
YPEtiei.png
Can you post the full HD art? I've been looking for it, but can't find it anywhere..

trainplane3

Can you post the full HD art? I've been looking for it, but can't find it anywhere..
It's on my Imgur but it's still good:

Open in a new tab/window and save the jpg. Should be 2700x1543. Unless @marni1971 had a even higher res fall in his lap?

Edit: Mobile imgur will be screwy. You need to go to the desktop version to get the full res.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Based on that image, there seems to a "streamer" where many new things are happening. Space. Mexico. Lagoon. Festival Center. America pavilion. France pavilion. UK pavilion. Not where all things seem to be happening, so maybe this is just coincidence.

Incomudro

Yep - used to get mom to get them as a kid. I was a sucker for space advertising back then :) (And really, Disney should try to sell them as a dessert at the restaurant - maybe as an Astronaut's historical meal!)

Coincidently, I looked up Space Sticks online not long ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom