News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

drwadadli

Not that I’m into a p@ssing contest in any way....

Plus 104 seats in upper tier west.
84 in upper tier east.
188 seats in the lower tier.

Also the woman’s bathroom will have four stalls. The mens, one. Not including accessible. Which is one each.
I didn't for it to be a p@ssing contest and I am so glad that you gave more complete information that the other site.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
That other site is reporting what we have been speculating for quite some time. The new Space restaurant will use "transportation chambers", similar to the Sea's long-gone Hydrolators, to get guests "up in to space". This effect is something I'm personally very excited to experience.

So I guess, imagine a vestibule somewhat similar to this but with an acceding into space effect vs the descending under water effect.
b9d3e86bef2a747693cc175467477e3e.jpg

Let's see, it was back on page 18/19 of this thread (Sept 2017) that we started discussing that (and had several positive indicators by insiders that that was what we would see)...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I predict this becoming the new Beauty and the Beast restaurant despite EPCOT having like 30 restaurants

Between this one and the table service in Galaxy's Edge... I'm wondering if they just make this a signature, 2-credit meal from Day 1 (same with the one in Galaxy's Edge) just to help somewhat mitigate the tons of people who will inevitably try to book here with the dining plan...

Mouse3268

I love this idea, but...I'd love it more if it weren't presented as an "elevator to space" but rather as a rocket-ship launch to the space-station restaurant. As I walk into the place, I don't see a big tube going into space, so the story is broken if, upon entry, there's an implication that there's some elevator shaft. I'm sorta thinking of something like the pods that ascend/descend from the Zephyr on Agents of Shield.

I'd also like ride such a pod as I exit the restaurant. If done well, the entrance/exit from the restaurant could be an attraction of its own.

Space elevators could be legit method for getting into space in the future

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Funny, someone from That Site which bragged about 12 seats at the bar and asked if any other site has seen the blueprints removed that braggadocios post. Either they discovered that, yes, indeed, some other people from other sites may have seen the blueprints and can call them on the number of seats at the bar, or, they realized they shouldn't be bragging publicly about seeing the blueprints.

So @marni1971 , could you, uh, you know:

ei09ao.gif

Lensman

Are you expecting a mile long shaft stickup up out of the lobby? ;)
Well, they could have a large indoor vestibule/waiting area with an effect where the elevator banks seem to extend upwards into orbit. Then you could have (fake or one floor) elevators with screens for walls like at One WTC (well, those elevators are real).

Updates could modify the theming to a rocket launch or a mass driver. Or perhaps a fictional space canon like in From the Earth to the Moon?

drwadadli

Funny, someone from That Site which bragged about 12 seats at the bar and asked if any other site has seen the blueprints removed that braggadocios post. Either they discovered that, yes, indeed, some other people from other sites may have seen the blueprints and can call them on the number of seats at the bar, or, they realized they shouldn't be bragging publicly about seeing the blueprints.
LOL...wishful thinking but as of this morning that "braggadocios" post is still up....LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom