News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Doesn't appear as though anything has started (with regards to construction)... unless I'm looking at the wrong area.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...rial-views---mayl-2018/32672.htm#&gid=1&pid=3
Capture.PNG

P_Radden

That other site is reporting what we have been speculating for quite some time. The new Space restaurant will use "transportation chambers", similar to the Sea's long-gone Hydrolators, to get guests "up in to space". This effect is something I'm personally very excited to experience.

So I guess, imagine a vestibule somewhat similar to this but with an acceding into space effect vs the descending under water effect.
b9d3e86bef2a747693cc175467477e3e.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That other site is reporting what we have been speculating for quite some time. The new Space restaurant will use "transportation chambers", similar to the Sea's long-gone Hydrolators, to get guests "up in to space". This effect is something I'm personally very excited to experience.

So I guess, imagine a vestibule somewhat similar to this but with an acceding into space effect vs the descending under water effect.
Imagine that.

habuma

I love this idea, but...I'd love it more if it weren't presented as an "elevator to space" but rather as a rocket-ship launch to the space-station restaurant. As I walk into the place, I don't see a big tube going into space, so the story is broken if, upon entry, there's an implication that there's some elevator shaft. I'm sorta thinking of something like the pods that ascend/descend from the Zephyr on Agents of Shield.

I'd also like ride such a pod as I exit the restaurant. If done well, the entrance/exit from the restaurant could be an attraction of its own.

drwadadli

That other website is also boasting that they have seen the blueprints and know how the building is due to be structured and that they have detail that has not been released by Disney. They also posted a challenge so to speak......"Show me another Disney site that can tell you how many seats are at the bar."

So....

@marni1971 and @MisterPenguin seem to know a lot of inside "stuff" so is there any way you two could research a little more??????

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That other website is also boasting that they have seen the blueprints and know how the building is due to be structured and that they have detail that has not been released by Disney. They also posted a challenge so to speak......"Show me another Disney site that can tell you how many seats are at the bar."

So....

@marni1971 and @MisterPenguin seem to know a lot of inside "stuff" so is there any way you two could research a little more??????
Not that I’m into a p@ssing contest in any way....

Plus 104 seats in upper tier west.
84 in upper tier east.
188 seats in the lower tier.

Also the woman’s bathroom will have four stalls. The mens, one. Not including accessible. Which is one each.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom