News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't like Mission Space (it belongs at Kennedy Space Center). I agree they wouldn't build it if they had to do it again. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't replace it altogether last year. But I guess that was never in the cards.

Of course not...as one of my professor said once about his tests...”you have to use these things 25 or 30 years to get the kinks out of them”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Green was relabeled because it is now a distinct experience, not just a non-spinning version of Orange.

How about that?

I went on the spinner in April...it had been at least 4 years...yay, green!

Do they show you what happened to the whole rebellion/Star Wars universe on green?

It’s been missing and I need some help...🤡

P_Radden

My bad, I thought it was going to be partially connected to M:S :oops:
The entrance is physically connected to Mission: SPACE.
MSTSR.png

@Princess Leia This structure will be the front entrance to the restaurant building.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the plan is to send the Mission:Space rockets to the space restaurant (as part of the story), Disney might want to re-do the film (again), because the ride mentions being a test simulator. Gina Torres is pretty available, right?

I'm still waiting for them to write a script that comes down decidedly whether it's a training simulator or a real mission to Mars.
"You'll be riding in this rocket..."
Uhh... don't you mean we'll be simulating riding in that rocket?
"Welcome to Mars!"
Uhh.. don't you mean congratulations on successfully landing our simulator on Mars?

Slowjack

I'm not sure why they thought it would be more interesting to just do just a space restaurant.

IMO, a HORIZONS restaurant could have been amazing with its rooms themed to the different places you could visit on the still-mourned attraction.

I'm thinking dinner in Nova Cite and dessert/coffee in Sea Castle ...
I think most of us who remember seeing the diners in Sea Castle wished we could be among them.

trainplane3

I'm not sure why they thought it would be more interesting to just do just a space restaurant.

IMO, a HORIZONS restaurant could have been amazing with its rooms themed to the different places you could visit on the still-mourned attraction.

I'm thinking dinner in Nova Cite and dessert/coffee in Sea Castle ...
I'm hoping that since the restaurant is in "space", they'll call it Brava Centauri. It'd be a nice throw back to Horizons and could even use some of the music.

trainplane3

That would actually be a very clever way to pay tribute to old school fans. They could break out this old sign:
View attachment 283412
...then make the entranceway to the restaurant gate 3A.
Also, let's not forget that they actually added 2 more little Horizons logos to M:S after it's refurb this past summer, on the computer screens in the first preshow (1:36 as an example, and yes it does say Brava Centauri next to it) and in the lower right of the animation they didn't redo at 5:23 (It looks so out of place now):

They most certainly know they could get away with some more for a space themed restaurant.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

They could certainly modify the spiel:

“You’re here today for space food - the most thrilling experience that any astronaut diner will ever have. Before you decide if it’s right for you, let me introduce you to your menu. It’s full of appetizers, entrees, and desserts and can range from 14 to 48 dollars in one sitting. So when you hear the words, “Go for lunch,” you’ll definitely want to hang on to your wallet.”
Well done.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm still waiting for them to write a script that comes down decidedly whether it's a training simulator or a real mission to Mars.
"You'll be riding in this rocket.
Uhh... don't you mean we'll be simulating riding in that rocket?
"Welcome to Mars!"
Uhh.. don't you mean congratulations on successfully landing our simulator on Mars?

I've always been confused by the script too. It seems like we're simulating going to Mars by actually going to Mars, which is the best and laziest way to simulate something all at once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom