News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Brian Swan

LOL you beat me to it! I was going to say the same thing... I would expect them to have a very stylized version of a typical Patina Group restaurant menu, but everything styled to look more futuristic.... Sure you can get a $15 burger anywhere, but our deconstructed burger served on magnetic floating plates for $27.95 is a real experience!
Please refresh my memory - which other WDW restaurants are part of the Patina Group?

Brian Swan

i'd give em both back for alfredo's in a heartbeat -
loved that place
:inlove:
It was definitely a step down when Alfredo's left, although I have to say I do like the pizzas at VN. TI is not bad, but I can get better at home. I haven't read many good reviews from the Edison...

smile

For my personal tastes I think Via Napoli’s is very underrated! Really good Pizza and apps. They seem to use quality ingredients!

that's the thing - i'm not even saying a word about the current patina crew...
i just absolutely adore fettuccine alfredo and i have never ever had it like it was there;
a place owned and operated by the line of the man who invented the dang dish himself :inlove: ... for his wife :geek:

It was definitely a step down when Alfredo's left, although I have to say I do like the pizzas at VN. TI is not bad, but I can get better at home. I haven't read many good reviews from the Edison...

i'm within relative close proximity to the edison and still have yet to check it out -
not exactly sure why, either; interesting place... maybe it's the springs. dunno.

Bocabear

To be honest, I’m not sure I’ve ever been to Alfredo’s.
It was nice...a bit pricey, but what isn't at WDW...What I liked most about it was the plush quiet dining rooms...unlike Patina Groups loud frenetic dining rooms with nothing for sound abatement... There is something noce about being able to take a break from the park and have a quiet relaxing meal together...

mikejs78

Premium Member
It was nice...a bit pricey, but what isn't at WDW...What I liked most about it was the plush quiet dining rooms...unlike Patina Groups loud frenetic dining rooms with nothing for sound abatement... There is something noce about being able to take a break from the park and have a quiet relaxing meal together...
My wife and I honeymooned in WDW back in '04. Was both our first visit to WDW since we were kids. We had an ADR for Alfredo's and got seated in the main dining room, where we were basically knocking elbows with the tables next to us. We let the server know that it was our honeymoon and if there was something a little....quieter. He moved us to the porch area and a corner table, it was one of the nicest meals we had while there (along with our dinner at Yachtsman's Steakhouse...). Good memories.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My wife and I honeymooned in WDW back in '04. Was both our first visit to WDW since we were kids. We had an ADR for Alfredo's and got seated in the main dining room, where we were basically knocking elbows with the tables next to us. We let the server know that it was our honeymoon and if there was something a little....quieter. He moved us to the porch area and a corner table, it was one of the nicest meals we had while there (along with our dinner at Yachtsman's Steakhouse...). Good memories.
Wow. You went to WDW on your honeymoon, and you remember... Italian food?

matt9112

For my personal tastes I think Via Napoli’s is very underrated! Really good Pizza and apps. They seem to use quality ingredients!

they are really good yes. was VERY surprised and impressed. however at the end of the day I spent over a c note on pizza and an app and a few drinks.

ChewbaccaYourMum

The thing I love about this restaurant is that it was such a lovely surprise of an announcement (did literally anyone even expect it?) and a really great idea, but also something so small in comparison to the other colossal announcements at D23 (Tron, GOTG, Ratatouille, Mickey..) that I keep forgetting about it for weeks at a time and then randomly remembering it and get excited all over again! Same thing with the Theater at MK. If this gets cancelled as well that is really going to suck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom