News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

GCTales

I'm glad this is happening, it will make Space feel more like a fully fleshed out pavilion with a ride and a restaurant. Though I am curious to see how they'll pull off the effect of "travelling" to space, or if it's just supposed to be a simulation like the ride.

Make part of the entry process riding a "space elevator" up to the space station where the restaurant would be located.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2000/ast07sep_1

Nubs70

As for projections,

If anyone has seen the 2017 tour of Roger Waters, the star field projection during Dogs would be perfect.

A similar background that fills your field of vision would be highly immersive

Bocabear

What happened to those old Hydrolators? I am sure they are long gone...
It would be dramatic to enter a small holding area as the check in and foyer...keeping the main dining room closed from view....and then get on an elevator and emerge on the middle of the actual restaurant space as opposed to the first floor...so when the doors open there would be a big dramatic reveal and the spectacle of the design would be both above and below you... Like the old Mannequins.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What happened to those old Hydrolators? I am sure they are long gone...
It would be dramatic to enter a small holding area as the check in and foyer...keeping the main dining room closed from view....and then get on an elevator and emerge on the middle of the actual restaurant space as opposed to the first floor...so when the doors open there would be a big dramatic reveal and the spectacle of the design would be both above and below you... Like the old Mannequins.
Hydrolators were demoed. Don’t bank on a Mannequins type reveal but there will be a lot of show. Including a style of reveal.

crxbrett

I’ve said it elsewhere. We rode the boat and went "meh". We got off FoP and thought it was very good, and were then ready to ride the lands anchor attraction.

I definitely felt the Navi Journey was just kind of meh. I only had a 5-10 min wait for it this past summer and I never went back on it the rest of my trip. While FoP had me pretty excited for an encore and was good enough to ride 2 more times. I don't think I would ever go on the boat attraction if it had more than a 10-minute wait.

wdwgreek

So my big question is what type of food does one serve in a space restaurant? Besides Astronaut Ice Cream? Space eating doesn't shout steakhouse to me.

Bocabear

Expensive food.
LOL you beat me to it! I was going to say the same thing... I would expect them to have a very stylized version of a typical Patina Group restaurant menu, but everything styled to look more futuristic.... Sure you can get a $15 burger anywhere, but our deconstructed burger served on magnetic floating plates for $27.95 is a real experience!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
LOL you beat me to it! I was going to say the same thing... I would expect them to have a very stylized version of a typical Patina Group restaurant menu, but everything styled to look more futuristic.... Sure you can get a $15 burger anywhere, but our deconstructed burger served on magnetic floating plates for $27.95 is a real experience!
I’ll just go for a Diet Coke to see the view and the lighting. And the show.

And to see what they’ve done with the second lounge.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You have probably already answered this and if so, I apologize. But at one point there was a crazy rumor that the FoP ride vehicles were going to be something akin to us riding on animatronic banshees vs what we ended up with. I am just curious if there was ever any truth to this and it got cut or was it always just nonsense?
I think was overexcited fan boi rumour and reading too much into press releases.
I believe it was based upon Bob Iger literally saying you could feel the banshee vehicle breathing between your legs.

Don't forget the Site of Unmentionableness had that incredible scoop of a leaked photo of people sitting on an animatronic banshee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom