News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

JediMasterMatt

Since Martin shared the info about the coaster for Pandora that wasn't, I'll add that eons ago I had heard the same Vekomo motocoaster based with indoor and outdoor portions based around riding on the back of the horse-things the space Smurfs ride on in the film. That way the land would have 2 attractions about living in harmony with the native beasts (air and land).

That's why the loss of the SWL's 3rd attraction didn't hit me as hard when I heard the news. Keeping both of the E-tickets there is infinitely better than losing the true headliner (Alcatraz) would've been. Of course, the lands will still be feeling the sting when they open up and don't have a 3rd queue that could pull some people away from its siblings.

JediMasterMatt

Just like being able to pilot the falcon in Galaxy's Edge. Seems like one of six guests will actually be the pilot

Everyone will get to do something in the Falcon's cockpit; but, yes - there can be only one guest at a time that can sit in Han's/Rey's seat*. There is one piece of interactivity that is planned that should be quite fun and it's not from the pilot's seat.

*Note - Chewie flew the bird (Falcon and porg pun intended) just fine from his copilot's seat in TLJ.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Since Martin shared the info about the coaster for Pandora that wasn't, I'll add that eons ago I had heard the same Vekomo motocoaster based with indoor and outdoor portions based around riding on the back of the horse-things the space Smurfs ride on in the film. That way the land would have 2 attractions about living in harmony with the native beasts (air and land).

That's why the loss of the SWL's 3rd attraction didn't hit me as hard when I heard the news. Keeping both of the E-tickets there is infinitely better than losing the true headliner (Alcatraz) would've been. Of course, the lands will still be feeling the sting when they open up and don't have a 3rd queue that could pull some people away from its siblings.
I should add I think I first heard about the bike coaster after the (circa 2009/10) original Tron coaster was axed from Tomorrowland.

Last edited:

matt9112

Um, in what world is FoP not a true headliner? The “screenz are eviiiiiiiiiiil” world?

lol it's amazing but that wait time? no thanks will never be a headliner for me it's relegated to 7 dwarfs territory. rode it twice never waited more than an hour and never will.

ppete1975

To be fair everyone underestimated Avatar.
ITs a new ride in a severely over crowded theme park. At this point if stitch was new it would have a 2 hour line. People are clamoring for new rides that just about anything is going to have a 2 hour wait if its new. This is Disneys fault for going so long without new attractions and the over crowding issue. Hopefully after everything on the road map we can get the attendance back under control and there will be enough new things to spread people out. But at this point they should be building stuff with extra capacity (what would another theater have cost for fop), they have had to redo soaring and toy story already due to capacity (maybe they should take that as a hint), and spend the money at the beginning, even if the extra seating doesn't open as early as the new ride/experience at least have the ground work.

I shudder to see star wars the first year its open.

lazyboy97o

I just finished reading the last three pages and forgot what thread I was in and was shocked when I scrolled back to the top of the page to discover it’s the Space restaurant one.
Clearly the ISTC is the precursor to ACE. It’s such a deep, interconnected backstory!

MrHappy

Innovative ride system (bike derivative), indoor and outdoor show scenes, show stops. Details were patchy but I recall being sadly told some time ago that the anchor E was being axed. That left a D simulator style ride and an indoor D rapids ride. Then the D rapids became a C boat. And explained by two different people whom I trust.

(Not my designations)

Regardless, my personal thoughts on FoP aren’t based on what could have been. It’s good, but not brilliant.
I'd imagine this is the best practice in the planning process, though. Aim big, blue sky, then scale down. This way it doesn't restrict creativity. It's better this way than aiming low, right?

RSoxNo1

Innovative ride system (bike derivative), indoor and outdoor show scenes, show stops. Details were patchy but I recall being sadly told some time ago that the anchor E was being axed. That left a D simulator style ride and an indoor D rapids ride. Then the D rapids became a C boat. And explained by two different people whom I trust.

(Not my designations)

Regardless, my personal thoughts on FoP aren’t based on what could have been. It’s good, but not brilliant.
Keep in mind, this was VERY early on. What was built didn't seem to change much from the leaked blueprints.

RSoxNo1

I should add I think I first heard about the bike coaster after the (circa 2009/10) original Tron coaster was axed from Tomorrowland.
Bike coaster for Pandora? That would have been years before it was actually announced. They announced the partnership in September 2011.

PizzaPlanet

I'm glad this is happening, it will make Space feel more like a fully fleshed out pavilion with a ride and a restaurant. Though I am curious to see how they'll pull off the effect of "travelling" to space, or if it's just supposed to be a simulation like the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom