News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

bclane

Any sort of purpose or story other than just "a pretty night time boat ride on Pandora"
It’s your opportunity to go on an eco tour River adventure on an actual alien moon. How cool is that? And now that we’ve made peace with the Na’vi and have actually been invited to check out Pandora by them, you may actually encounter the Shaman of Songs and receive the blessing of her music along the way. Take my money!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It’s your opportunity to go on an eco tour River adventure on an actual alien moon. How cool is that? And now that we’ve made peace with the Na’vi and have actually been invited to check out Pandora by them, you may actually encounter the Shaman of Songs and receive the blessing of her music along the way. Take my money!

jiFfM.jpg

LukeS7

Can't speak for him but I never quite liked the idea of third parties operating in-park restaurants. I like being immersed in the "Disney," which is owned and operated by Disney. Having said all that, since the advent of the dining plan, which led to some awful downgrades in Disney food quality, some of the best food on property is via these operating participants - Boathouse, Morimoto, Via Napoli, etc.
Yak and Yeti is third party (owned by the same company as Rainforest Cafe) and was by far the best food we had on-property (and the best value too), so I'm okay with this not being owned by Disney

JediMasterMatt

Um, in what world is FoP not a true headliner? The “screenz are eviiiiiiiiiiil” world?

The world that had Pandora with 3 attractions. NRJ>FoP>the missing link. Too bad Parks can't keep budgets in check.

It would be like SWL not having Alcatraz and having only the Falcon and the beast of burden transport. Falcon will still amaze; but, there is a big drop to the next attraction.

The real Pandora would've been extra special and I'm saying that as someone who thinks that FoP is as good as a simulator as ever has been made.

bclane

The world that had Pandora with 3 attractions. NRJ>FoP>the missing link. Too bad Parks can't keep budgets in check.

It would be like SWL not having Alcatraz and having only the Falcon and the beast of burden transport. Falcon will still amaze; but, there is a big drop to the next attraction.

The real Pandora would've been extra special and I'm saying that as someone who thinks that FoP is as good as a simulator as ever has been made.
I love Pandora so much already, I can't even imagine how awesome it would be with a 3rd ride. I really hope they do an expansion that includes things we discover in the sequels. Something underwater would be my preference.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
FoP = headliner. NRJ was presumably always meant to be C+ (though it did downgrade)
Pandora is missing the low man on the totem, the B ticket attraction.
For a "completed" Pandora all Disney needs to do is slightly upgrade NRJ and put in a walk-thru attraction. As @bclane suggested something like an alien aquarium would be ideal.

Mike S

So what was the third ride? Because FoP has already completely floored me like I haven’t been since Forbidden Journey.

Isn’t an expansion on the way or no?

JediMasterMatt

So what was the third ride? Because FoP has already completely floored me like I haven’t been since Forbidden Journey.

Isn’t an expansion on the way or no?

I'm not going to spill the beans on what might have been because theoretically, it still could be on the table.

The second question is the far more interesting and impacting one.

Currently, things are very much in flux for the artist formally known as TDO. It's seemingly a great big beautiful tomorrow with many years of "growth" on the plate. The real question is how much of this forward momentum keeps going once we get beyond when the new seeds have sprouted and their fruit begins to be harvested.

As of now, there is a drive to keep the drive going and expansion to all of the WDW parks is park of the plan. More Pandora is something that could happen.

The 1982 EPCOT idealist in me hopes that once the guaranteed huge headliners in the construction pipeline open and the massive crowds are drawn to the resort and Disney can't find enough space to store all the money they are going to be making they will remember that expansion is what fueled the growth in the 80's and into the 90's.

The post 2001 realist in me fears that once the huge crowds flock into the resort, Disney will remember that they can do next to nothing and people will still show up and they will return to their miserly ways.

That's why I tend to try to keep my head in the comfort zone between the 1982 optimist that thought anything was possible in Orlando with Disney Magic and the me of today that still wonders how they can still sell the impression of classic Disney Parks level of quality to people even though it rarely is on display. Personally, I don't get excited for much of anything I hear anymore until I see bulldozers in motion.

For now... the plate is pretty full until around 2022. Beyond that, we're in blue sky territory.

Last edited:

montyz81

Coaster.

With the boat ride a rapids D ticket ride.

Two Ds and an E.

I’ve said it elsewhere. We rode the boat and went "meh". We got off FoP and thought it was very good, and were then ready to ride the lands anchor attraction.
Isn't there a Phase 2 planned? More attractions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom