News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

TrojanUSC

Why is that a shame?

Can't speak for him but I never quite liked the idea of third parties operating in-park restaurants. I like being immersed in the "Disney," which is owned and operated by Disney. Having said all that, since the advent of the dining plan, which led to some awful downgrades in Disney food quality, some of the best food on property is via these operating participants - Boathouse, Morimoto, Via Napoli, etc.

MrHappy

Can't speak for him but I never quite liked the idea of third parties operating in-park restaurants. I like being immersed in the "Disney," which is owned and operated by Disney. Having said all that, since the advent of the dining plan, which led to some awful downgrades in Disney food quality, some of the best food on property is via these operating participants - Boathouse, Morimoto, Via Napoli, etc.
Is the ownership/operator that evident when dining? The immersion, menu, design, etc all seem very "Disney" to me. I just don't get peoples reaction that this restaurant will be operated by a "third" party. It's not like Walt will be the sous chef at a "Disney" owned restaurant. Wouldn't it be like saying you don't like Toy Story because it's Pixar, not Disney.

peter11435

With the exception of the two landry’s Restaurants at DAK I don’t think guests recognize that some park restaurants are operating by a third party.

TrojanUSC

There have been third party operated restaurants and shops in EPCOT from day one.

100% and in some cases it was smart, as they brought in a lot of authentic businesses that really understood the cuisines to be served. However, in this case, there is no real reason for Disney to outsource this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom