News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
One World Trade Center has an awesome animated display as you are going to the top of the tower. Would be awesome to see Disney have a simulated elevator (like in the Escape from Gringots queue) using animated walls like this to make it look/feel like you're going up in a space elevator to this restaurant orbiting above earth. Have it so after you check-in, when they take you to your table they take you "up" in this elevator to the main dining room...

eek...1970's to 2001 is creepy....

matt9112

One World Trade Center has an awesome animated display as you are going to the top of the tower. Would be awesome to see Disney have a simulated elevator (like in the Escape from Gringots queue) using animated walls like this to make it look/feel like you're going up in a space elevator to this restaurant orbiting above earth. Have it so after you check-in, when they take you to your table they take you "up" in this elevator to the main dining room...

that's really cool

Aries1975

eek...1970's to 2001 is creepy....

I am sure great care was taken to provide an realistic presentation of how the view had changed over the years. It is simply an acknowledgement of what is no longer there.

I know you meant no harm or offense. You just have particularly bad timing as today is September 9th. Many of us will spend some time this weekend and Monday praying for those we lost, those who lost loved ones, and those who got sick afterwards.

Although it may seem like a poor choice of words, it is an unsettling feeling. When I look across the river, I know what is missing from the skyline, but I cannot find a word to describe that feeling when something is just not the way it is supposed to be.

Back to EPCOT, a similar presentation of the development of WDW as you enter the space restaurant would enhance the experience.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If its going to be so large, I would think it has Quick Service stamped on it, have they said anything yet about what it will be?

Table Service

Indeed. TSR. It'll be large, but factor in lobby, tiered dining room and tables for just under 300 guests, restrooms, show, one or two surprises and a full back of house operation.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Indeed. TSR. It'll be large, but factor in lobby, tiered dining room and tables, restrooms, show, one or two surprises and a full back of house operation.
Buffet & Character dining??? (Gorging with Gamorra, Ralphing with Rocket, Gagging with Groot... the possibilities are almost endless.)

Marc Davis Fan

That was actually designed by a former Imagineer, IIRC.

EricsBiscuit

Will the screens be rear projected, LCD or what? I'm building a ballroom with projections of different countries on the walls as background ambiance now (started before Disney announced) and am just "hiding" the projectors. It'll be interesting to see what they do. I'm sure you won't be able to see the projectors if they go that route.

andre85

Will the screens be rear projected, LCD or what? I'm building a ballroom with projections of different countries on the walls as background ambiance now (started before Disney announced) and am just "hiding" the projectors. It'll be interesting to see what they do. I'm sure you won't be able to see the projectors if they go that route.

I'm very curious how effective the effect will be at close range. If it looks like a flat screen that you're dining right next to, it'll be a huge disappointment. I'm guessing the screens will be set back a ways? I haven't been on the Harry Potter train yet, but don't they do something similar?

Edit: A little disappointed the floor isn't glass. It'd be amazing to look down and see the Earth BENEATH you too

AEfx

I really hope they go all out for this. Disney is supposedly full of all these amazing themed dining experiences, but in truth - for the most part, it really has been left behind as they are everywhere now. Sure, Sci-Fi Drive-In was amazing in 1990, but in 2018 it is rather quaint. I mean, there are exceptions - BoG is great - but when otherwise the other stuff on property that approaches modern experiences is owned by a third party (Dino Cafe, Rainforest).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom