News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Kman101

I feel the only ones that have a problem with "Drunkytown" are the ones that have a problem with people drinking alcohol.

Bingo. I was just about to post the same thing. They project their annoyance and feelings towards someone drinking based on their own personal issues with it. Yeah, someone's going to get sick (and you don't know if it was alcohol), someone's going to have too much and be rowdy. Yeah maybe two people get into a fight, but people act like it's rave central every night of the festival and that isn't accurate.

Anyway, looking forward to the space restaurant. Not sure if it's quick or table, or the hybrid they seem to be going for but I'd actually make an ADR for this one.

Maeryk

Bingo. I was just about to post the same thing. They project their annoyance and feelings towards someone drinking based on their own personal issues with it. Yeah, someone's going to get sick (and you don't know if it was alcohol), someone's going to have too much and be rowdy. Yeah maybe two people get into a fight, but people act like it's rave central every night of the festival and that isn't accurate.

Anyway, looking forward to the space restaurant. Not sure if it's quick or table, or the hybrid they seem to be going for but I'd actually make an ADR for this one.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy a few adult beverages at WS. That said, Disney is one of the few places on earth where I DON'T expect two drunk college kids to be throwing down, nearly trampling my kids in the process. I'm not complaining about the availability of alcohol, mind you. I'm complaining about the mentality of some of the people who take advantage of it.

Kman101

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy a few adult beverages at WS. That said, Disney is one of the few places on earth where I DON'T expect two drunk college kids to be throwing down, nearly trampling my kids in the process. I'm not complaining about the availability of alcohol, mind you. I'm complaining about the mentality of some of the people who take advantage of it.

Understood and agreed. I'm someone who really doesn't drink but I don't care if someone wants to have a good time. I get having kids in the park and not wanting to see drunkards rumbling or acting ridiculous but unfortunately the park offers alcohol and has LONG promoted drinking around the world so I also think while the behavior isn't called for, people should be aware of what they could come across and plan accordingly. Not saying I'm encouraging people to get hammered and fight and vomit all over the place, but it's a bit exaggerated on here how bad it can be. I don't know what the solution is but someone with kids will almost likely encounter something and get upset but Disney isn't going to stop serving alcohol unless something really bad happens.

It's a good discussion but the forum police will probably report us for going off-topic. *Gasp* how dare we ... ;)

Maeryk

Understood and agreed. I'm someone who really doesn't drink but I don't care if someone wants to have a good time. I get having kids in the park and not wanting to see drunkards rumbling or acting ridiculous but unfortunately the park offers alcohol and has LONG promoted drinking around the world so I also think while the behavior isn't called for, people should be aware of what they could come across and plan accordingly. Not saying I'm encouraging people to get hammered and fight and vomit all over the place, but it's a bit exaggerated on here how bad it can be. I don't know what the solution is but someone with kids will almost likely encounter something and get upset but Disney isn't going to stop serving alcohol unless something really bad happens.

It's a good discussion but the forum police will probably report us for going off-topic. *Gasp* how dare we ... ;)

Oh, there will be alcohol at the new restaurant, so it's on-topic. ;)

Their solution, if they want to implement it, is to dissapear more people out of the crowd when they get stupid. I saw it happen.. two (I assume) college kids (they were in a big gaggle, all with matching shirts), were like, stumble drunk.. falling on each other, and lurching into other people. One had "middle eastern " written over the checkbox for morocco on his shirt.. that part I remember noticing. Anyway, we rounded the bend into UK (coming across the bridge from france) and the bigger one almost fell, nearly taking the slightly shorter one down with him, and a CM appeared next to them, and they were gently whisked off through the gate by Canada.

I don't know how often that happens, as that's the only time I saw it (there), but I was quite happy to see them go. They were becoming a hazard.

Mike S

Right. It's more expected that one of them attempts to climb the Mexican Pyramid instead ;)

skyphotographer

space food.jpg
Space food?

KBLovedDisney

Couldn't find a picture or gif of it, but I kind of hope they add something like the space station animation from Space Mountain's ceiling/effects to the restaurant wall screens.

sedati

I feel the only ones that have a problem with "Drunkytown" are the ones that have a problem with people drinking alcohol.
No problem with anyone who can keep it together. People on vacation (aka tourists) are already a bit of a step down from their everyday thought processes and inhibitions. Add alcohol to that and your edutainment park becomes the one with the lowest functioning IQs.

seabreezept813

Ant chance this could run like be our guest and have quick service for lunch and sit down for dinner? We usually get the QS meal plan, not because I am under any delusions that it saves money, but simply because I like the stress free feeling of knowing I paid for the food way in advance.

World_Showcase_Lover007

This concept I am genuinely excited about. I'm hoping for a nod to Alpha Centari/Horizons in the restaurant. Disney has let us all down in recent years with closing popular attractions and half-baked ideas for attractions/restaurants, but I hope they come through on their big promises this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom