News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Tom Morrow

This pretty much has to be placed backstage. The unused VIP lounge at Mission Space runs right up along the pathway between it and Test Track, which also becomes an access rode after hours for maintenance vehicles. I have actually been in the unused VIP lounge, and it is not big enough for a full restaurant, but would work as a lobby, placing the restaurant behind it backstage.

tribbleorlfl

Would be nice with nods to Brava Centauri...
Actually, it would be a perfect nod to the park's past to go all-in on making this a Horizons restaurant. The lobby could be "on Earth" completely separated from the dining room. When the diners are ready to be seated, they enter a small simulator pod for their flight up to Brava Centauri (which would simply be an updated homage to the original Choose Your Tomorrow segments). Diners get off and now they're in a different location, the dining room on the space station.

Going one step forward, the menu could feature all of the whacky GMO produce from Mesa Verde and aquaculture (and kelp!) from Sea Castle.

Make it happen, Disney, and this will be THE dining destination on property.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
A separate entrance is fine. Works for Coral Reef.
To complete the Coral Reef analogy, we should dine on a flabby and strangely passive alien species that we discover on a asteroid that has a near earth orbit. You could make the aliens lime green or something, dye all the meat. Maybe even go all Restaurant at the End of the Universe and have an alien species want to be eaten so we don't have any guilt. Every once in a while you could have the alien species that has been fattening us up as their space cattle show up and the diners would have to fight for their lives. Kind of like a dining version of the Star Wars experience.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This pretty much has to be placed backstage. The unused VIP lounge at Mission Space runs right up along the pathway between it and Test Track, which also becomes an access rode after hours for maintenance vehicles. I have actually been in the unused VIP lounge, and it is not big enough for a full restaurant, but would work as a lobby, placing the restaurant behind it backstage.
Have one of my patented, accurate but also at the same time deliberately vague iPad sketches:

IMG_7757.JPG

Copyright me.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

New pathway to the right of the existing ride entrance in the MS courtyard.

Perfect. That's what I was hoping for.

Is the idea to have the restaurant completely hidden behind the trees or will the facade be incorporated into MS's design and vegetation shortened in front of it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom