News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

dm11

My concern. Gotg and a hulked up MS makes me think that there is a transformation to a larger space based area. TT already has overplayed with more modern/futuristic. So where does this leave SSE? I have a weird feeling that we are going to see SSE change from a history of communication to a non specific IP based thrill ride of some form or fashion.
I think you are right about larger space based area emerging on that side of FW: GotG, Mission Space, Space restaurant and TT. What I am hoping for is that they find a cohesive theme for the other side as well. Then SSE could stay as is (well, I won't complain if they decide to plus it), sort of on its own between the two or perhaps even as some sort of a thematic bridge.

dm11

This was actually my close second favorite announcement (after Tron). The Space theme jibes well with me, the concept art seems very intriguing and they could do marvels with the theme.

But what I realized after the announcement is that there is actually a need for a restaurant somewhere in that area. I know it sounds counter-intuitive since we are talking about Epcot after all. But that side of FW has no sit down places and with the beefed up attraction lineup it will now need it even more than before.

dm11

Does anybody have an idea of a timeframe for this? I apologize if it has already been posted but it is really hard to keep up today :)

Madame Medusa

What kind of food will be served? Will there be an option to sample the disgusting freeze dried food the astronauts eat in space? I can't imagine this will be very appetizing if it fits the theme, so I'll probably just walk in the front door, look at the screens that show space, and quickly make my exit.

NiarrNDisney

I guess this is somewhat off topic but did anyone else see that piece of concept art for future world? Looked to me like there were a few new buildings and the innovention buildings were gone. It's somewhat reminds me of Tomorrowland in Shanghai. I would think that new shops, restaurants, and experiences would be in this area as well. I just can't find any thread discussing this so I thought this would be the most appropriate.

Anyone have this pic?

~edit~ Nevermind I saw the blue sky concept art for FW in another thread and frankly I am finding myself sad but positively optimistic!

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 I really enjoy your hints and it's fun to see how things played out. Thank you for keeping us in the loop!. I'm really curious about the comments you made about Epcot before D23. You said something like "something great, some ok things, and some really concerning things".

I think this restaurant falls under the "something great" category. With the announcements that were made can you share what things you thought were most concerning?
The ones that concern me the most weren't mentioned. Hopefully they're so far down the line they'll go away.

Though Communicore does look endangered.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wonder how this concept works with the tunnels currently under this area?
A lot of this proposal doesn't make sense. The art is very ambiguous.

I do know there was a push from some quarters to open up the views of the pavilions from the spine. Conversely there was a desire from others to retain as much 1982 as possible. But I think we're in the wrong thread.

Captain Neo

I'm very concerned that this is not operated by Disney but rather outsourced. Is it going to be like rainforest café? Who puts up the budget for theming and video projections?

raven

A lot of this proposal doesn't make sense. The art is very ambiguous.

I do know there was a push from some quarters to open up the views of the pavilions from the spine. Conversely there was a desire from others to retain as much 1982 as possible. But I think we're in the wrong thread.
Did you notice what seems to be a very faint-looking building behind Energy?

ProfSavage

I think you are right about larger space based area emerging on that side of FW: GotG, Mission Space, Space restaurant and TT. What I am hoping for is that they find a cohesive theme for the other side as well. Then SSE could stay as is (well, I won't complain if they decide to plus it), sort of on its own between the two or perhaps even as some sort of a thematic bridge.

Space on one side (with TT because... reasons), Earth (land, sea and... senses? Imagination? Dragons?) on the other side. How we communication across time and space in the middle.

BOOM!

Nailed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom