News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Weather_Lady

That restaurant was a terrible experience for all of us that ate there that day...Not sure why they are bothering with cards...They have a lot of other more pressing issues to worry about.
Just curious: was the problem the food/service, or did the atmosphere (no pun intended) not live up to expectations?

We were hoping to visit the Lounge at some point when next we visit (looking like August 2023) to at least order a couple of a la carte items and see what the place looked like, but if skirting the prix fixe pricing isn't enough to save us from disappointment, we'll go with another option.

Bocabear

Just curious: was the problem the food/service, or did the atmosphere (no pun intended) not live up to expectations?

We were hoping to visit the Lounge at some point when next we visit (looking like August 2023) to at least order a couple of a la carte items and see what the place looked like, but if skirting the prix fixe pricing isn't enough to save us from disappointment, we'll go with another option.
the answer in our case was "YES"...it is the food, service, and atmosphere... Aside from the window into space, the rest of the interior is joyless and inert. a black box. The "Lounge" is just a bar against the back wall of the black box room. IMO the bar could have been dressed differently, the "lounge" area should have had some interesting separation from the main room...creating a filtered view into the main dining space... Something for futuristic and colorful... The food was like banquet food...and the entire experience was overpriced for what you got. The entire place rests on the "window into space".... Which just isn't enough to carry the whole experience.
I think it is redeemable...but don't see them investing to make it what it should be...

tparris

Sounds like fertilizer for moon potatoes so they can have moon fries with their moonburgers.

It’s like I’m writing a lunch menu for a more affordable Space 220. Maybe they can build Space 20, a quick-serve for us poors who are okay just being really high in the sky.
After that we’ll get Space 33, for those who can afford a tab longer than the distance to Mars.

Centauri Space Station

I find the setting very cool, but I may be biased. The bar is fun with a mirror infront of you so you can see the space windows without turning around and the servers are very nice, plus you can get secret cocktails not on the menu. The bluemoon cauliflower is top tier as well as the desserts

mysto

I don't understand how such an advanced concept, such as dining in space, still involves the abuse of animals for food.
Likewise if you were to ask us to ... carve the living giblets from a sheep and serve them with the fresh brains, bowels, guts and spleen of a small rabbit... WE WOULDN'T DO IT. (reaction) Not for food anyway.

-- Monty Python episode 13

Last edited:

Bocabear

I find the setting very cool, but I may be biased. The bar is fun with a mirror infront of you so you can see the space windows without turning around and the servers are very nice, plus you can get secret cocktails not on the menu. The bluemoon cauliflower is top tier as well as the desserts
How is the bar "fun"...it is facing the wall with your back to the room...as an afterthought they added a mirror.... Plain bar with a row of stools.....Fun Yes! you must be biased...do you work for the WDW or the restaurant group...or friends or relatives that work there?
1665079093503.png

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

We got dinner reservations in the restaurant. The food was good, the interiors were nice and the elevator was cool. The music was a little boring, I could have taken a nap. Also, the scenes are very passive. I realize stuff is floating around, but there's almost no action.

I wish the experience had a bit of entertainment, maybe an approaching asteroid, or some kind of issue. Something exciting needs to happen. Also, I am still waiting for Wall-E to float by lol.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We got dinner reservations in the restaurant. The food was good, the interiors were nice and the elevator was cool. The music was a little boring, I could have taken a nap. Also, the scenes are very passive. I realize stuff is floating around, but there's almost no action.

I wish the experience had a bit of entertainment, maybe an approaching asteroid, or some kind of issue. Something exciting needs to happen. Also, I am still waiting for Wall-E to float by lol.
I agree

It was overpriced and a one and done

ToTBellHop

When I went, we discovered an asteroid was headed toward earth and had to enlist the help of the oil drillers at the table next door to blow it up.

I didn’t want to miss a thing. My wife kept saying, “let’s just stay here in this moment for all the rest of time.”

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom