News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Bocabear

Yes! Encounter was a product of it's time...but presented a room full of exuberant color and texture and style... all of which feels lacking in this space... Space 220 screams budget...it depends solely on the windows and is and of itself, a big dark gray box.... After you have looked at the windows for 10 minutes, it becomes repetitive and dull...

Centauri Space Station

Yes! Encounter was a product of it's time...but presented a room full of exuberant color and texture and style... all of which feels lacking in this space... Space 220 screams budget...it depends solely on the windows and is and of itself, a big dark gray box.... After you have looked at the windows for 10 minutes, it becomes repetitive and dull...
I don’t see budget at all, it’s high tech looking and feels very much like a space station. The themed plates, silverware, and sleek seating all work well. If space 220 is low budget then what’s coral reef?
C5C8309D-8CE0-48D6-B6D5-3BB4DB53B868.jpeg
67A8FCB8-B6EF-4B9E-8A5C-C5F030560A5A.jpeg
9B2935CF-11E5-4FA4-8DE4-74CE08C990FC.jpeg

Hcalvert

I had three reservations during my current trip. I found out at the first one that they discontinued the AP discount for dinner, which changed two days before our reservation. I cancelled the others as like others said, the food is not that great anyways and once you go through this experience, not much changes.

Corgi

We were there in May. It was a cool experience but I wouldn’t go back. One and done kind of thing.

Once you get past the initial shock of how cool of a room it looks, it’s almost kind of unsettling that you’re in a huge room with no windows and (seemingly) no exits except for a long simulator ride “back to earth.” The food was good but there’s places on property with the same quality of food that I’d rather go to.

We ate there first weekend in June and the food quality and service were terrible.
Aside from the windows intro space, the interior is an awful gray box... (Think old B-list airport) The bar area is miserable looking...just part of the room with a mirror so you can see you are in space...This all could have been done so much better. Such an enormous missed opportunity to create something really beautiful and special...Unless we were just there on an off day, we all decided that this would be our last trip to Space 220... A very expensive, "mediocre at best" meal... And honestly, the interior is not nearly worth it. HUGE Boo on this place.
Kind of felt the same. Had been really looking forward to it but the menu was disappointing and the decor wasn’t special enough to make it worth the trouble. A couple of people in our party had to miss it. Unless they insist on going, it’s probably a miss for us next time.

We were there in May. It was a cool experience but I wouldn’t go back. One and done kind of thing.

Once you get past the initial shock of how cool of a room it looks, it’s almost kind of unsettling that you’re in a huge room with no windows and (seemingly) no exits except for a long simulator ride “back to earth.” The food was good but there’s places on property with the same quality of food that I’d rather go to.
Think of it as a space version of the stretch room in HM!

CampbellzSoup

I just find it very stale there doesn’t seem to be anything fun…why not have an Astronaut or a Mickey astronaut do a quick walk through like how Scuba Mickey came to coral reef? The food also is so unimaginative I would think it would have galactic starcruiser at least presentation.

I just feel this concept restaurant should be more “fun” but 🤷🏻‍♂️

flyerjab

I don’t find the food mediocre at all, the cauliflower tempura alone is better than anything I’ve had at coral reef.
My wife and I lucked out on a reservation on one of our trips this year. We thought that the food was really good with some interesting items on the menu. And the theming was great. The atmosphere was very chill, which quite honestly I enjoyed. I commented to my wife how I could have hung out there for a few hours with the ‘view’ of Earth, and the lighting was not so bright.

Phicinfan

Why do restaurants constantly choose carpeting….is commercial grade durable sleek hard flooring not a thing?
Its funny, since most of the Resort refreshes have the rooms with hard flooring and rugs vs. the carpeting. Not sure why that has not moved over to the food service area

bpiper

Its funny, since most of the Resort refreshes have the rooms with hard flooring and rugs vs. the carpeting. Not sure why that has not moved over to the food service area
They went to hard flooring to save money on not having to shampoo the carpets periodically. We have been delayed getting our room several times over the years, and when we finally got it, the carpets were damp in spots. Wife loved it though.... Clean socks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom