News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

correcaminos

We were there during lunch. 1:00 p.m. And yes, they had the lunch prefix menu. But you didn't have to do the prefix. You could still order a la cart. It wasn't very clear but if you asked they said you could still order a la carte.
They only allowed me to do a la carte from the prix fixe due to the allergy issue. Otherwise it was bar menu or prix fixe. This was again Friday. So not sure if it was a server being weird or not. But even my chicken was listed as $55 but they took off $20 due to lack of appetizer. Trust me with all the issues I had finding food, I went through all options. They didn't even offer any substitutions and only omitting items. Nor did they say they could do any kid courses in adult portions which is my last resort as usually the mac n cheese is safe. So unsure if it was a server issue now or if they are being more strict.

RememberWhen

We have some food restrictions (we don’t eat pork or shellfish) so we’ve opted for a lounge reservation and plan to get drinks. If they’ll allow, we could do dessert too. But the menu has almost nothing we can eat without modifications.

correcaminos

I have yet to eat here but now with these reviews I am not really gonna go out of my way to try it now. I feel bad for people that are stuck on site and have only disney restaurants to choose from.
It's nice to experience once IMO. I won't be rushing back especially after hearing how others in the lounge were treated compared to us with food choices. We tend to do a couple meals a day in our villas which really helps us. I think there are better options onsite than this one by far.

disneygeek90

I've been twice over the past month and a half. Both times sitting in the lounge. It's fun to do once in a while but is severely overpriced. I've only had a couple drinks and a couple apps but the prix fixed meal sounds like way too much food for what I can normally eat in one sitting. If there's little wait I'd be down to go back to the bar for a drink, the ride up is super cool.

UNCgolf

I've been twice over the past month and a half. Both times sitting in the lounge. It's fun to do once in a while but is severely overpriced. I've only had a couple drinks and a couple apps but the prix fixed meal sounds like way too much food for what I can normally eat in one sitting. If there's little wait I'd be down to go back to the bar for a drink, the ride up is super cool.

This is one of many reasons I think prix fixe meals are anti-consumer and do not like them at all. You have to pay for things you may not actually want or eat.

I understand why they've moved some restaurants to prix fixe, but there are other ways to deal with the issues that prompted it.

TrojanUSC

As if Disney food wasn't overpriced enough, prix fixe doubles down on that to force you to eat more overpriced food than you might normally. Having done prix fixe at BOG and Space220, I don't ever want to do it again unless someone else is paying. Even then I'd feel bad about it.

Yes, and the limited menu at a lot of these prix fixe menu places, including Space 220, allows them to pre-prep the food and serve it banquet style, which is what the food there basically felt like to me. There was no way they made our appetizers in the amount of time it took them to come out after we ordered.

mysto

Its super expensive to shuttle food and drink up from the planet, so it's pretty understandable. Probably a bargain.

I too am not a fan of tons of food, I'd prefer the lounge I think, but also want a reservation.

Bocabear

Remember the "lounge" is just the back of the dining room and the walkway to the restrooms...This was not a purpose designed lounge...more like Oops we forgot to put a bar in...we will just call this spot the "lounge"...A gigantic missed opportunity for a really special space that would have had it's own market and fan club...

Club Cooloholic

Our family of 4 did the lounge on Monday. My impressions are it's neat but not that interesting. The theme only goes so far(for instance the bathroom lacks it completely, its a standard bathroom) I think they should have put a window behind the bar too. Anyway, the drinks are not as good or interesting as what you get at Ogas in Galaxys Edge. The other thing that struck me odd was it looked like half the place was empty(both lounge and dining section). For such a hard reservation, why was it not full?

Last edited:

Bocabear

Our family of 4 did the lounge on Monday. My impressions are it's neat but not that interesting. The theme only goes so far(for instance the bathroom lacks it completely, uts a standard bathroom) I think they should have put a window behind the bar too. Anyway, the drinks are not as good or interesting as what you get at Ogas in Galaxys Edge. The other thing that struck me odd was it looked like half the place was empty(both lounge and dining section). For such a hard reservation, why was it not full?
I think it is probably a lack of staff...We noticed the same thing.... I would imagine the about of repeat business won't be that high... It is too mediocre and too expensive, and the interior, while having windows into space, still manages to be completely charmless.
You are essentially paying $80 per person to look at a simulated space window.
Almost 30 years ago the Imagineers designed "Encounter" for the theme building at LAX...a sci-fi mid mod futurist fantasy ...This should have been used to inspire the new restaurant... Colorful, charming and whimsical...A hallmark of what was being built in the mid-90s Disney universe...
1655316117441.png
1655316260079.png

Attachments

• 1655316262826.png
    1655316262826.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

I think it is probably a lack of staff...We noticed the same thing.... I would imagine the about of repeat business won't be that high... It is too mediocre and too expensive, and the interior, while having windows into space, still manages to be completely charmless.
Almost 30 years ago the Imagineers designed "Encounter" for the theme building at LAX...a sci-fi mid mod futurist fantasy ...This should have been used to inspire the new restaurant... Colorful, charming and whimsical...A hallmark of what was being built in the mid-90s Disney universe...
View attachment 645852View attachment 645858
That looks very cool. I understand what you mean about staff, but the Coral Reef was packed and people aren't spending as much there, you would think they would keep more staff there. I agree, I can't see people wanting to go more than once.

Centauri Space Station

Our family of 4 did the lounge on Monday. My impressions are it's neat but not that interesting. The theme only goes so far(for instance the bathroom lacks it completely, its a standard bathroom) I think they should have put a window behind the bar too. Anyway, the drinks are not as good or interesting as what you get at Ogas in Galaxys Edge. The other thing that struck me odd was it looked like half the place was empty(both lounge and dining section). For such a hard reservation, why was it not full?
The bathroom has some cute details like the space station intercom and this sign
6DF5C8AA-365F-409A-8005-B2D5696B9459.jpeg

View attachment 645852View attachment 645858
It has loads of charm, those pics scream gaudy and 90s to me. Space 220 is modern yet futuristic looking

tomast

What are they waiting to put Buzz Lightyear (Space ranger not Toy) on the Space Windows?? If they already have dogs and lightsaber fights

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom